• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX CS2 gauge

Hello, I bought a used GX CS2 pump off of Ebay for a good price. I used it to fill my Urban from 1,500 PSI back to 3,300 PSI and it's amazing how fast it went. I'm very happy with the compressor. However I think the gauge is off on the compressor as the Urban gauge always matched my hand pump gauge so I trust it. I'm wondering if anyone ever replaced their CS2 gauge and if so what is the thread pattern on them?

Thanks, Charlie

The thread is M10X1.0
I just purchased one of these pumps to directly fill valved FX bottles and wanted to fit a larger gauge that would have more graduations. I am planning on using a M10x1.0 to 1/4”NPT adapter. To do this I will be continuing the M10 manifold thread through to the center opening and will be sealing the adapter with a bonded washer Dowty Seal (like the output connection).

Reactions: Camaro454
The thread is M10X1.0
I just purchased one of these pumps to directly fill valved FX bottles and wanted to fit a larger gauge that would have more graduations. I am planning on using a M10x1.0 to 1/4”NPT adapter. To do this I will be continuing the M10 manifold thread through to the center opening and will be sealing the adapter with a bonded washer Dowty Seal (like the output connection).

Would this adapter and gauge work? I already have the 1/8” NPT gauge…

GlowShift M10 x 1.0 Male to 1/8-27 NPT Female Gauge Sensor Sender Thread Adapter Reducer https://a.co/d/e6QXRAK

PIC Gauges 501D-UNO-158Q-C 0-4000 PSI, UL Listed, Use No Oil Pressure Gauge, 1 1/2" Dial, 1/8" Male NPT, Bottom Mount, Dual Scale, Gold SPCD Coated Steel Case, Brass Internals, Plastic Lens https://a.co/d/2CGbvHm

Thanks,

Ed

Theoretically yes, but the adapter selected is brass and I don’t believe will withstand the 300 BAR (4350psi.) that this pump can produce and in my opinion would be dangerous to use!
I looked into the 1/8” NPT and found a few suitable ones:
At threadtoolsupply.com they have one in carbon steel. PN 9235-10-02 and they also list the bonded seal needed, but they have a minimum order of about $48.00 (4 adapters) plus shipping.
McMaster Carr has one in 316 Stainless Steel, PN 4822T392, but sells for $52,75 ea. plus shipping.
You will need to tap the 10mm thread in the aluminum manifold deeper and the bonded seal needed is called a Dowty Seal in 10mm.

I don't see a pressure rating on that adapter.

It could be just a few hundred psi. Not good...
Thanks, there is also a stainless steel version, would that meet PSI requirements or does even a steel adapter require a pressure rating?

Pipe to Metric Fitting Adapter 1/8" NPT Female to M10 M10X1.0 Male 304 Stainless Steel https://a.co/d/bYZlpvK

Another option is to make an inline pressure gauge with a steel T fitting threaded in the middle for a gauge and on both ends for QD fittings, that has an accurate analog or digital gauge on it. You can simply insert it inline with the whip for whatever tank, pump or compressor you are using at the time when filling guns or tanks and always know the actual pressure going into the gun or tank.

I currently have three gauges that are inline when filling guns from the co9mpressor. One on the compressor, one on the huge filter assembly which I leave pressurized at all times, and one on the gun. They all give different readings. The difference between the highest and the lowest of the three can be as much as 200 PSI. The gauge on the filter assembly is a nice reminder that the whole thing is still under pressure so I don't try to open it up to change a filter or some beads. Until an inline filter built, I have used the highest quality gauge I have to "calibrate the others and have the offsets noted on a piece of white artists tape right next to the outlier gauges.

Last edited:
In my opinion and from my research, 304 Stainless Steel adapters of this type don’t have a 5000 psi. rating, but more likely 3500 to 4000 psi.
To get this high of a pressure rating, the adapter would need to be made of 316 SS.
I was not able to source a 316 SS fitting, so I went with the Zinc Chromate Carbon Steel one from Threadtoolsupply that I listed previously. The steel won’t have the non-corrosive quality of SS, but my gauge manifold is installed after a Tuxing molecular sieve so the air should be dry.

Another option is to make an inline pressure gauge with a steel T fitting threaded in the middle for a gauge and on both ends for QD fittings, that has an accurate analog or digital gauge on it. You can simply insert it inline with the whip for whatever tank, pump or compressor you are using at the time when filling guns or tanks and always know the actual pressure going into the gun or tank.

I currently have three gauges that are inline when filling guns from the co9mpressor. One on the compressor, one on the huge filter assembly which I leave pressurized at all times, and one on the gun. They all give different readings. The difference between the highest and the lowest of the three can be as much as 200 PSI. The gauge on the filter assembly is a nice reminder that the whole thing is still under pressure so I don't try to open it up to change a filter or some beads. Until an inline filter built, I have used the highest quality gauge I have to "calibrate the others and have the offsets noted on a piece of white artists tape right next to the outlier gauges.
I'm curious how do you keep the line pressurized. I've been wanting to find valves to do that but have also been told you need to blow the lines down to evac moisture.

In my opinion and from my research, 304 Stainless Steel adapters of this type don’t have a 5000 psi. rating, but more likely 3500 to 4000 psi.
To get this high of a pressure rating, the adapter would need to be made of 316 SS.
I was not able to source a 316 SS fitting, so I went with the Zinc Chromate Carbon Steel one from Threadtoolsupply that I listed previously. The steel won’t have the non-corrosive quality of SS, but my gauge manifold is installed after a Tuxing molecular sieve so the air should be dry.
You are better off with the zinc coated steel over stainless steel if threading into aluminum.
Stainless and aluminum do not play nice together = Galvanic corrosion