• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX Compressors?

Just wondering about the reliability of the GX compressors. I have not seen a lot posted on these compressors. On Amazon there
ratings seem very good. I would love to hear from the people that have them give there thoughts pros & cons.

Fly😃
Mine messed the bed pretty fast, but i kinda broke the duty cycle rules. It got a bearing knock and then eventually refused to go over 1100 psi. Not leaking air, check valves clean, maybe a ring issue. When my cs3 was good, it was real good. The little orange cheapos have proved to be more reliable than my cs3 tho

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
Don't have one yet but interested in the experiences. One of the Target Forge youtubes explains how to convert a GX2 to use a DeWalt 18V battery. I'm sure it would work for other brand batteries. Looks pretty simple. If you had a GX2 with the 120V power supply and also a battery docking port you'd have 3 ways to get it powered. I have lots of Milwaukee 18V batteries so if I get one I'll probably do this.

Reactions: RAMJET66
I accidentally left my GX compressor on for an hour longer than I should have.

Pumped my SCBA tank to well over 400 bar -- beyond the pressure gauge's ability to measure.

In the process one of my air lines ruptured. But the GX stayed cool, and kept going. As I think I mentioned earlier, I have it set up intermittently stopping and starting, to keep the temperature below 45c.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I bought our original GX C2 compressor with the extra three year warranty just in case and now two and a half years in still no problems. I just purchased their GX CS3-1 for $415.00 on a cyber deal with only their one year warranty and no extra warranty $$. One of these GX will be a home unit and the other GX a traveler - field unit.
Before our first GX we had a stationary Yong Heng unit which was a great improvement over our hand pumps. But the need for a shopping cart to move it and it's oil replacement, cold water waltz got old fast. :cool:

My GX CS2 is still chugging along, but now it has competition, I bought a Spritech VE3, it works great and is faster, I got it for the big Bottle guns, we'll see how well they will last, I do take care of my compressors maintaining them and Do Not push them beyond their limits, hope it's as good as the GX has been.

Reactions: 450BM and SHOMER
I've had mine for 2 yrs...working fine. you need to change the water filter after every use. I have 4 filters and put them in rotation. trying to buy more
Mr. 1911

How's your GX doing? Still going strong. Other than the water filter...any tips to ensure longevity?

Just saw a GX E-L2 for sale at Wally World $309.99...very tempting.

Would also want to hear negative experience from others regarding their GX. Thanks