• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

GX 3S-I rebuild question

I took my GX CS3-I apart for servicing and noticed my primary piston ring was hosed. I ordered a new one from Target Forge and followed their installation video. The plastic on the piston ring is thicker than the original. When I tried to roll the ring, per the video, I cannot get it to mold around the piston. I've tried heating the ring in hot water, boiling water, with a hot air gun and I even micro waved it. The best I can do is get to about a 41 mm diameter and given that the cylinder is 38 mm, it's not even close to fitting.
Has anyone else had this problem and How did you solve it?

Hopefully you've got it solved, but if not it sounds similar to my JTS Comp1 the replacement o-rings was big. So I contacted their service department and was told to remove the piston. Unscrew the three screws on top, stick the piston ring on the plate, screw the plate back down, coat with silicon oil, and tap the piston back in with a rubber mallet. It worked on mine.