Guys please take a look at my Crowns setting and gauges

CP1

Mar 10, 2019
NC
So I filled my Omega tank from my Air Venturi to about 4400 PSI, for a newbie its a little confusing the sequence of what knobs/valves get opened and closed but after watching the Twang & Bang video on YouTube I figured it out. Thanks T&B...

So on my Crown now does my tank pressure and reg pressure gauges look right? Also how about the two adjustable knobs for caliber and power. I prefer my .25 Crown utilize all it has in terms of power so I have it on Max but where a little confusion lies is the caliber dial, its a bit vague because the .25/.30 are right next to each other and the knob tends to click in between them, not on just one caliber, is that how it works?

Thanks so much all

CP1, I understand your new so don't feel insulted with some of these statements. We just don't know what your knowledge is so far. The gauge closest to the muzzle is your guns supply pressure gauge. You can fill it to 250bar or less. Also don't shoot the gun enough that that pressure gets below 150bar to stay on the safe side. The gauge closest to the trigger is the regulated pressure gauge. This is the pressure that each shot will send to the pellet and propel down the barrel. This gauge will/should maintain the same pressure all the time as long as your supply pressure is higher than the regulated pressure. It was probably preset from the factory between 135 and 145bar being you have a 25cal. Your transfer port/power knob should be on the 25/30 (one position for both) setting.

You can use the HS adjuster knob to dial in the velocity you'd like to shoot at. Of course "Max" is highest spring tension and probably the highest velocity and anything else be it the numbered side of the knob or the Lettered side will be less tension and "Min" being just that. Also, you don't want to adjust this knob while the gun is cocked with tension already on the hammer spring.

Assuming your regulator in somewhat near what I mentioned above you should be good to go. I would shoot the gun as it is and not worry about trying to adjust the regulator until you have time to learn more about the Crown. I would personally leave the hammer spring knob either at Max or a couple of bumps down either way, letters or numbers. There are a lot of good YouTube videos on how to adjust your gun and it'll come to you eventually. Just take your time, shoot the gun as is and in the mean time search the forums and YouTube for more info. Good luck with your new toy and don't hesitate to ask questions.

JK

Reactions: Eamon
CP1, I understand your new so don't feel insulted with some of these statements. We just don't know what your knowledge is so far. The gauge closest to the muzzle is your guns supply pressure gauge. You can fill it to 250bar or less. Also don't shoot the gun enough that that pressure gets below 150bar to stay on the safe side. The gauge closest to the trigger is the regulated pressure gauge. This is the pressure that each shot will send to the pellet and propel down the barrel. This gauge will/should maintain the same pressure all the time as long as your supply pressure is higher than the regulated pressure. It was probably preset from the factory between 135 and 145bar being you have a 25cal. Your transfer port/power knob should be on the 25/30 (one position for both) setting.

You can use the HS adjuster knob to dial in the velocity you'd like to shoot at. Of course "Max" is highest spring tension and probably the highest velocity and anything else be it the numbered side of the knob or the Lettered side will be less tension and "Min" being just that. Also, you don't want to adjust this knob while the gun is cocked with tension already on the hammer spring.

Assuming your regulator in somewhat near what I mentioned above you should be good to go. I would shoot the gun as it is and not worry about trying to adjust the regulator until you have time to learn more about the Crown. I would personally leave the hammer spring knob either at Max or a couple of bumps down either way, letters or numbers. There are a lot of good YouTube videos on how to adjust your gun and it'll come to you eventually. Just take your time, shoot the gun as is and in the mean time search the forums and YouTube for more info. Good luck with your new toy and don't hesitate to ask questions.

JK

Hi all,

Hi JK, I am very new to PCP rifles and shooting in general. I'm understanding the dials for adjustment better now and I have paid strict attention to what not to do. I wasn't sure if the .25/.30 was two separate settings or one, I now understand its one. I also wasn't sure why I couldn't fill my Crown to 250 bar, it was due to my Omega tank not having enough PSI. 

What I am confused with as I type this reply is the regulator pressure gauge, mine reads precisely 123 bar, I could swear it was higher last week when I got the Crown brand new. My dial is on "Max". How is the regulator pressure increased? I read the manual but its a bit confusing and differs from online videos. Does the bottle need to be removed? Also something about clockwise vs counterclockwise and we are never supposed to turn it one of those directions while pressurized. 

Thanks so much

CP1,

Good question... the reg pressure sounds about right out of the box... you can always adjust it. 

I’m gonna assume you have a new Crown that contains the AMP regulator in it... check the serial number on your gun... if you’re over (roughly) 181,000 on the serial number you have an AMP regulator... So, if that’s true the following will work: 

Note: The reg screw can be found just in front of the pressure gauge for the bottle... it’s a tiny (2mm? Maybe 1.5mm adjustment hole)

To turn DOWN the reg pressure you turn that screw CLOCKWISE... BUT, you MUST fire a shot every quarter turn of that regulator screw. 

To turn UP the regulator pressure you turn that screw COUNTER CLOCKWISE (screw out). You don’t need to fire the gun every quarter turn here because you aren’t screwing against the pressure of the gun. 

Warning: They recommend you don’t adjust the reg pressure above 170 bar (That’s what the sales rep, John from FX said at IWA with the new AMP regulators. 

Hope that helps,

Sharkman

CP1,

Good question... the reg pressure sounds about right out of the box... you can always adjust it. 

I’m gonna assume you have a new Crown that contains the AMP regulator in it... check the serial number on your gun... if you’re over (roughly) 181,000 on the serial number you have an AMP regulator... So, if that’s true the following will work: 

Note: The reg screw can be found just in front of the pressure gauge for the bottle... it’s a tiny (2mm? Maybe 1.5mm adjustment hole)

To turn DOWN the reg pressure you turn that screw CLOCKWISE... BUT, you MUST fire a shot every quarter turn of that regulator screw. 

To turn UP the regulator pressure you turn that screw COUNTER CLOCKWISE (screw out). You don’t need to fire the gun every quarter turn here because you aren’t screwing against the pressure of the gun. 

Warning: They recommend you don’t adjust the reg pressure above 170 bar (That’s what the sales rep, John from FX said at IWA with the new AMP regulators. 

Hope that helps,

Sharkman

Hi Sharkman,

Boy you guys are all great! Lots of help here and it is appreciated. Thanks all!!

I verified I had the latest greatest in this new Crown by calling FX Airguns in Wilmington NC last week. I gave the girl my serial number and she said my Crown has the latest regulator in it.

So... to UP or INCREASE my regulator pressure from its current 123 bar to say 140-145 bar I need to turn the regulator screw COUNTER CLOCKWISE, got it. But what about the air in the Crowns bottle? Do I need to empty it? 

Thanks 

CP1,

No, you don't have to remove the bottle. One more bit of info on adjusting the regulator, if you must. Very small adjustments are the key. I mean like barely moving it each time. Shoot a couple of shots, and see where the regulator settles. This is not a process to be in a hurry about. Also, like somebody already stated, it is not productive to make regulator adjustments without a chronograph to measure your pellet velocities. Well, let me say that differently. Regulator adjustments are most productive when you can measure pellet speeds. I highly recommend you just enjoy shooting your new Crown for a few sessions. Watch some Youtube videos about adjusting it. Search the forums here for info on adjusting it. When you feel you have a better understanding of how the Crown, and most PCP rifles work, then give it a go at making adjustments. Most Crowns shoot very nicely from the factory. This is a great forum for learning and sharing. You will become a better airgunner just by stopping by here on a regular basis. Have fun with your Crown. Mine is a 30 caliber, and it is amazing!

James

CP1,

You stated you believed your reg originally indicated a greater pressure than the 123 bar you now see. You also mentioned your fill tank was too low to get a full fill in the rifle bottle, but I don't think you mentioned the pressure reading in the rifle bottle gauge. Again, not to insult, but I assume the pressure was above the indicated reg pressure. Obviously, you can't get more pressure in the reg than you put in the bottle. 

CP1,

You stated you believed your reg originally indicated a greater pressure than the 123 bar you now see. You also mentioned your fill tank was too low to get a full fill in the rifle bottle, but I don't think you mentioned the pressure reading in the rifle bottle gauge. Again, not to insult, but I assume the pressure was above the indicated reg pressure. Obviously, you can't get more pressure in the reg than you put in the bottle.

Hi ELH,

My bottle gauge pressure is now at almost 250 bar...maybe 247. My Regulator pressure is holding steady at 123 bar. I don't know for sure but I could swear that the regulator gauge read closer to 140ish when I first got the Crown last week. 

CP1,

No, you don't have to remove the bottle. One more bit of info on adjusting the regulator, if you must. Very small adjustments are the key. I mean like barely moving it each time. Shoot a couple of shots, and see where the regulator settles. This is not a process to be in a hurry about. Also, like somebody already stated, it is not productive to make regulator adjustments without a chronograph to measure your pellet velocities. Well, let me say that differently. Regulator adjustments are most productive when you can measure pellet speeds. I highly recommend you just enjoy shooting your new Crown for a few sessions. Watch some Youtube videos about adjusting it. Search the forums here for info on adjusting it. When you feel you have a better understanding of how the Crown, and most PCP rifles work, then give it a go at making adjustments. Most Crowns shoot very nicely from the factory. This is a great forum for learning and sharing. You will become a better airgunner just by stopping by here on a regular basis. Have fun with your Crown. Mine is a 30 caliber, and it is amazing!

James

Thanks a ton Iceman, I'm going to refrain from making any adjustments whatsoever until I fully understand all aspects. I'm also going to get a chrono down the road.