Guys I couldn't be more proud.

got my grandson
IMG_1316.1648406641.JPG
 his first bb gun for x mas just havnt shot much with him but hes pretty good shot with it 

Awsome, and a real cutie. No girls in the family and we only have one grandson, ten years old who just got to spend a week with us. He loves to shoot, but where he lives he does not get much opportunity to shoot, plus too many other young neighborhood boys wanting to play ball and ride bicycles all the time. He did spend quite a bit of time shooting and we took him out one day to shoot the powder burners, which the last few times over, made his trip.

The one hole group reminds me of something when I was very young, we were visiting my couisn's grandfather who had one of those Sheridan pumps and I was having a time with it. Either he or my father said hit that little knot in a pine board standing up so I shot and they said I missed until they got closer and saw that I had shot a tiny light colored knot that they could not even see. Noting like young eyes!

Damn douger that looks like one hell of a Christmas! I never had a Christmas where presents filled the whole room like that! Also MoeHofer I totally understand why you would think that. I couldn't believe it myself and I do think that if she tried doing that again 100 times she probably wouldn't repeat it. However she always hits the bullseye. She's a very good shot as we have shot weekly and sometimes daily for the last 6 years. There's no way that she missed the whole target at 10M. I'm 100 percent sure this was a mix of luck and skill that will likely not be repeated anytime soon but we will celebrate it! 

douger

Wow quite the Christmas pic for sure and one happy boy for sure.

My kids had their best Christmas ever when we were the poorest. Actually going to have to skip buying presents because of a serious injury sustained a few months earlier.

Christmas Eve rolled around and a never ending stream of people from church and other places dropped presents, on the porch, rang the bell and ran.

A very humbling experience it was.

Forty plus year old daughters still rate it as the best Christmas ever.

Nice job. That's how it starts. lots of fun, friendly dad vs. daughter "matches". My daughter is 27 now and that is how we started.

She started with the red rider, went to my no name cheapo break action and then started hunting with me.

Now she shoots for a living!! She followed her brother on the exact same path. but this is about the girls..

keep it fun, but challenging. Here we are with the Python Cowboy, "harvesting" iguana's and pigons

I'm the old guy, but I can still shoot!!

carry on.
xr and me.1648482221.jpeg

That's awesome! Kids are great and when you get to share moments like that with them is absolutely the best thing in the world. Can't wait to teach my girls to shoot once there of age. My little girl loves to fish though so we enjoy that now until she's old enough and will try shooting! Good on you! And I agree God's greatest blessings. 

I miss those days, Raden. Enjoy them to the fullest, as you never know if one day the skills she’s acquiring may lead onto a career just as Mr Brocock’s daughter has become. I have met Raden in person, and I can tell he has the demeanor to be an awesome shooting coach!

Just as others did, I started my son with a Crosman pumper shooting bb’s. I didn’t have targets at the time, so I drew cartoon images of bad guys holding someone hostage with a knife to their throat. I would whisper to my son as he took aim, about the importance of taking the bad guy out with the first shot(@ 30 feet distance).

we would go over and over this scenario till the target was all shot up and I’d have to draw another “scene”. Funny thing is not all shots hit the bad guy, as expected for a kid first learning to shoot and shooting off hand, but the 70% of the shots made to the bad guy were all POI on the genitals, and not once did I tell him to make that his POA!!! I guess it comes early on to boys, where it hurts the most, right?

Today my son is an avid duck hunter. He shows no interest in getting into the pcp hobby with me at this time, but the few times we’ve shot together he shows great potential. He can shoot with either eye/hand, and at 30 or so yards can place pellets inside of a corona bottle shot thru the neck straight into the base of the bottle that’s laid flat on the lawn- with my Beeman R10 springer!

B8A755E6-E633-4420-A4BA-296423DA00FF.1648643606.jpeg