• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Guy Code at the rifle range

I like going out and shooting with my friends but never cared much shooting in a public arena. That said when I say friends I mean those that are close enough in friendship that we have no problem telling the other... Hey block head your out of line! Hate to say it brother... but so where you not because you told the guy to leave your scope the hell alone but because you should have politely refused to shoot his nor let him shoot yours. You didn't know this guy from adam, nor did you know who built that AR or if it was at all safe to do so.

Joe Your lucky it could have been much worse. Never turn your
attention away, stay behind close and laser focused on any stranger
all the time. Idiots and guns are like magnets and steel, they seem
to be drawn to each other. You should have watched him shoot your
gun. When he was through then you shoot his gun. Still watching him
because you never know. I once watched a guy chase his targets
blown by the wind right down the row of benches during live fire.
Curiosity wont get a cat any faster than TRUST will you.

Joe, I do not know what to say? That would of been game on with me for sure. I am a Nam Vet and they tell me I have trust issues, now you know why. I would of liked to seen a picture of this lad. Did he have a crack down the middle of his face?? My wife always asks me why am I going faster on the road after someone cut me off with their road rage. That is what I tell her. I want to see if he has a crack down the middle of his face.. Unbelievable Joe!

I don't know, it sounds like the guy didn't mean any offense, but was just an ignoramus. I probably would have been like: "Whoa whoa whoa. What are you DOING!?" Lots of guys (esp. PB guys) don't know about focus on scopes, neither front nor rear.

He's probably on his PB forum right now, telling his buddies about how some BB gun nerd laid into him. :)

Man do I know that type.. How about when he wants to take a look.its weird but guys do it without even realizing they are checking your privates. Me all eye contact in the men's room and I would never pee next to another person when the far one is open. You just do not do that but look what happened to Joe. Not the same scenario but you get my drift.

Zebra, That was a good post

"Smaug"I don't know, it sounds like the guy didn't mean any offense, but was just an ignoramus. I probably would have been like: "Whoa whoa whoa. What are you DOING!?" Lots of guys (esp. PB guys) don't know about focus on scopes, neither front nor rear.

He's probably on his PB forum right now, telling his buddies about how some BB gun nerd laid into him. :)
I am new to air guns and I knew about the focus on the scope. If he did not know that, he does not belong on the range, same deal with the guy picking up that mans weapon when he was down range. Very scary stuff. I heard at the range not far from me that there are gangs going to the range and shooting their pistols side way hold like they do. I stay away from these places. I am very fortunate I can shoot 75 yards, I can stretch that to 100 yards if needed. All my shooting is 60 yards or less 

For that dude, it was probably the same as adjusting a car seat. You can set it back in the old position without consequences. There are two kinds of shooters; those who are serious about their hobby, their guns, and understand what they're doing, and there's the red neck "god, guns and glory" kind, that has no freaking clue how guns work but just want to shoot poope. There is a code, the golden rule is "treat any gun as if it's loaded", the next one is "never point a weapon at anything but the intended target", and the third is "never EVER touch (or adjust) someones weapon without their explicit permission".

Where you out of line? Hell no bro! For me personally, it would be a reason never to go to that range ever again. 

Reactions: ajshoots
"Jonnes"For that dude, it was probably the same as adjusting a car seat. You can set it back in the old position without consequences. There are two kinds of shooters; those who are serious about their hobby, their guns, and understand what they're doing, and there's the red neck "god, guns and glory" kind, that has no freaking clue how guns work but just want to shoot poope. There is a code, the golden rule is "treat any gun as if it's loaded", the next one is "never point a weapon at anything but the intended target", and the third is "never EVER touch (or adjust) someones weapon without their explicit permission".

Where you out of line? Hell no bro! For me personally, it would be a reason never to go to that range ever again.
100% you nailed it

Goodtogo, here's the whole picture;
you%20are%20here.jpg_thumb.png
[/url][/IMG]

Reactions: airborne