• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Guns of ft championship

Instigating content removed.
I’m equally confused. Was the “ ^ “ referring to me? Does this Oldspook character have a bad rap? If so, I assure you I am not that person.

PS. I feel like I might be walking on egg shells all of a sudden…

-Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: OldSpook
Not that I’m of an age to complain but it seems like the European HFT would exclude a good portion of older shooters. I see plenty of guys in their sixties who can’t do prone or kneeling due to health issues, both job related as well as life style choice. I don’t see the participants in Europe getting any younger either… probably changes in the future will be needed.

-Marty
Marty, youre right. There are many older shooters, including me (59). HFT leagues in the UK are full, and many people shoot regular WFTF events, then HFT events also. Those guys rule because they have 3 or 4 clubs set up year round, usually within 30 mins of their houses. All they have to do is drive after work and on weekends , and shoot a 40 or 50 shot course thats set up waiting for them.. Must be nice.

Reactions: Solo1
Marty, youre right. There are many older shooters, including me (59). HFT leagues in the UK are full, and many people shoot regular WFTF events, then HFT events also. Those guys rule because they have 3 or 4 clubs set up year round, usually within 30 mins of their houses. All they have to do is drive after work and on weekends , and shoot a 40 or 50 shot course thats set up waiting for them.. Must be nice.
Wish that was true in the USA! It’s too bad ft isn’t as popular as archery was a few yrs ago. Had lots of places to shoot the bow near me now have a 2 hr drive each way to my monthly match

I’m equally confused. Was the “ ^ “ referring to me? Does this Oldspook character have a bad rap? If so, I assure you I am not that person.

-Marty

There wasn't any instigating. I asked thomasair if he thought Marty was another alias of Oldspook, of if he was just saying this thread got Old Spooked. Simply asking for clarification.

I believe the lanes are free position, ...

First - Congratulations on your performance at the 2022 World WFTF match.

As far as HFT (UK version at least), no free position shots. No sitting shots. Most shots are designated with a support (or touching a peg?). Unlike AAFTA, HFT prone position allows rear ground support and also peg support, so stability is not too much of an issue for prone shooters. But no shooting sticks or bipods. The biggest challenge I found was that the scopes that can be most advantageous for WFTF or AAFTA can be very detrimental in HFT.

-Marty
Marty you're fine don't worry about eggshells. You'll be fine as long as you never disagree with Thomasair or Franklink about anything. But if you do they'll double team you and dog you for the rest of the time you're here. There is no forgiveness with those two, not ever.

Marty…sorry if my post put you ill at ease. Oldspook is a member with many different member IDs. New ones seem pop up all the time. He has plainly admitted to that and sees nothing wrong with it. Sometimes he even starts a post as one person and responds as another if the post isn’t lively enough, I guess. The continual pretending to be different people puts everything he says or has ever said in question….even if he actually has a decent contribution.

Your pattern of speech seemed similar to some of his *content removed and replaced with* "comments". Just figured McFly was one of his new personalities. Sorry, again.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Marty…sorry if my post put you ill at ease. Oldspook is a member with many different member IDs. New ones seem pop up all the time. He has plainly admitted to that and sees nothing wrong with it. Sometimes he even starts a post as one person and responds as another if the post isn’t lively enough, I guess. The continual pretending to be different people puts everything he says or has ever said in question….even if he actually has a decent contribution.

Your pattern of speech seemed similar to some of his *content removed and replaced with* "comments". Just figured McFly was one of his new personalities. Sorry, again.

Mike
I have spoken with AGN member OldSpook. Upon launching the new platform, he reviewed the updated rules and agreed to delete all aliases. As far as I can tell he has honored this action.

Moving forward ANYONE who taunts, instigates, insults or uses OldSpook's name to incite controversy will be issued a warning. The forum rules apply to EVERYONE. If you come across ANYONE breaking our rules please use the REPORT button.

-Michael

Thank you all, I’m glad things have been resolved. Now let’s get back to airguns!

So ,is there a list of equipment used by the participants floating around yet?

-Marty
Marty,
I Sent the organizers an email several days ago, no response. I posted on the WFTF ITALY 2020 FB group........no response. I'll try again...........
For a group of people who organized (or not) the World Championships, they don't seem too organized.....

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Reactions: MartyMcFly
Thanks for your efforts, Tom. Some of the shooters are saying that info was not collected, but I am quite sure all the information about the rig and pellet used was on the registration form for each shooter. So it becomes a question of whether the organizers you mention are willing to create and publish a list with this info on it. I am not holding my breath, but would be pleasantly surprised if one appeared.

Tim

Thanks for your efforts, Tom. Some of the shooters are saying that info was not collected, but I am quite sure all the information about the rig and pellet used was on the registration form for each shooter. So it becomes a question of whether the organizers you mention are willing to create and publish a list with this info on it. I am not holding my breath, but would be pleasantly surprised if one appeared.

Tim
Tim,
Stay tuned......I'm going to pleasantly surprise you and everyone else. It's not a complete list, on who shot or used what, but it's something.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

I have the list you posted in the other topic, but what really interests me is what the top folks are using. May come out down the line a bit.

Tim
Tim,
We're probably lucky we even got this.....I'm right with ya, love to see what the top 10 or 20 in each class used....particularly the top 5 in each class.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com