• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Guns of ft championship

Nation, I've contacted the organizers of the 2022 world championships, and requested that a full equipment list be sent to me. When I receive this information, I will post it on a new topic thread.

Tom Holland
Field Target Tech
Fieldtargettech.com

Thanks Tom!

What would also be very interesting is the ammo they used.

At Worlds, as always, the most popular will be; Steyr LG 100/110, Anschutz 9015, 8002, etc, Air Arms EV 2, Walther LG 400, FWB 800, and some Daystates. Steyr's rule as number 1 by far at most FT and HFT competitions in any other country but the USA. If youre shooting a Steyr and it happens to break (very little chance of that), someone nearby will have the parts to fix it. Not so the case with other guns while youre travelling around the world.

At Worlds, as always, the most popular will be; Steyr LG 100/110, Anschutz 9015, 8002, etc, Air Arms EV 2, Walther LG 400, FWB 800, and some Daystates. Steyr's rule as number 1 by far at most FT and HFT competitions in any other country but the USA. If youre shooting a Steyr and it happens to break (very little chance of that), someone nearby will have the parts to fix it. Not so the case with other guns while youre travelling around the world.
Aren't these all 12 fpe guns?

Yes, at Worlds WFTF shoots its all 12 fpe, no HFT division. For that they have a HFT class that has its own HFT big competition each year. The real HFT, NOT is the USA, shoots prone on the ground 80 percent of the time. They also have standing and kneeling also. Its limited to 12x scopes I believe, and no touching the scope after the competition starts. Most guys use a 10x scope with the parallax in focus at aropund 30-35 yards. They estimate target distance based on blurr, and by bracketing. They are all great yardage estimaters, and use hiold over always.

Reactions: RScott and qball
Yes, at Worlds WFTF shoots its all 12 fpe, no HFT division. For that they have a HFT class that has its own HFT big competition each year. The real HFT, NOT is the USA, shoots prone on the ground 80 percent of the time. They also have standing and kneeling also. Its limited to 12x scopes I believe, and no touching the scope after the competition starts. Most guys use a 10x scope with the parallax in focus at aropund 30-35 yards. They estimate target distance based on blurr, and by bracketing. They are all great yardage estimaters, and use hiold over always.
Not that I’m of an age to complain but it seems like the European HFT would exclude a good portion of older shooters. I see plenty of guys in their sixties who can’t do prone or kneeling due to health issues, both job related as well as life style choice. I don’t see the participants in Europe getting any younger either… probably changes in the future will be needed.

-Marty

Reactions: qball
Not that I’m of an age to complain but it seems like the European HFT would exclude a good portion of older shooters. I see plenty of guys in their sixties who can’t do prone or kneeling due to health issues, both job related as well as life style choice. I don’t see the participants in Europe getting any younger either… probably changes in the future will be needed.

-Marty

I don't think the rules are meant to exclude anyone. The old guys are just tougher there and shoot by the rules or find another type of shooting sport.

I believe the lanes are free position, but prone is most accurate since they don't get bipods like our American hunter class.

So, the age old BS argument that the European version of HFT is somehow better, tougher, more challenging, etc. is getting a bit tiresome. It is a DIFFERENT game!

I lived in the UK for two years and shot HFT with the Brits. It was fun and I enjoyed it. Was it tougher than the US version? No. Everybody else is shooting the same game with the same rules.

Art “Podna” Womack

I don't think the rules are meant to exclude anyone. The old guys are just tougher there and shoot by the rules or find another type of shooting sport.

I believe the lanes are free position, but prone is most accurate since they don't get bipods like our American hunter class.
I don’t think they mean to exclude either, but the results of intent and the actual outcome don’t always align. That said, I’m just a spectator behind a computer screen and don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade. If the Europeans like their HFT the way it is then good for them 😀

-Marty