Guns in your safe that you don't like

Ever had a gun that really didn't / doesn't mean much to you, but you were / are VERY accurate with it ?

Some time back, I bought a KalibrGun, Cricket II, in .22 cal. It's got the full wood WSA stock. Visually, it's fine. The stock is nicely done, well finished. It fits the hard parts well. There's nothing wrong with the way it all works, it doesn't leak air, the trigger is nice. The little "chamber" that I tried on the barrel, actually does a good job of quieting it that last little bit to make it "house" friendly.

I know from reading the "for sale" adds that many buy guns and it ends up that, they're "not a good fit" !
For whatever reason, this is one such gun. I don't know why, but it is. This is one of my guns that just sits. Yesterday, I aired it up and filled the magazine (one of the best designs), put up a fresh target and started shooting. My "dot" targets are about 5/8" in diameter. Yeah I shoot a short distance, freehand, but when I can put (5 at each dot) all five shots at about a nickel's diameter, the whole magazine worth...WHY don't I like this gun ?
It actually does shoulder well, it's got a good weight, so that it's easy to aim...but...it's FAR from a favorite, and I don't know why.

1664318638572.jpeg

Mike

Reactions: MACTEN
Ever had a gun that really didn't / doesn't mean much to you, but you were / are VERY accurate with it ?

Some time back, I bought a KalibrGun, Cricket II, in .22 cal. It's got the full wood WSA stock. Visually, it's fine. The stock is nicely done, well finished. It fits the hard parts well. There's nothing wrong with the way it all works, it doesn't leak air, the trigger is nice. The little "chamber" that I tried on the barrel, actually does a good job of quieting it that last little bit to make it "house" friendly.

I know from reading the "for sale" adds that many buy guns and it ends up that, they're "not a good fit" !
For whatever reason, this is one such gun. I don't know why, but it is. This is one of my guns that just sits. Yesterday, I aired it up and filled the magazine (one of the best designs), put up a fresh target and started shooting. My "dot" targets are about 5/8" in diameter. Yeah I shoot a short distance, freehand, but when I can put (5 at each dot) all five shots at about a nickel's diameter, the whole magazine worth...WHY don't I like this gun ?
It actually does shoulder well, it's got a good weight, so that it's easy to aim...but...it's FAR from a favorite, and I don't know why.

View attachment 293065

Mike
The Cricket WSA is one of my favorite looking airguns. I think the stock has very nice curves and the rest of the gun just looks right. The magazine is fine, but a little finicky to actually insert into the gun. For that reason there are many magazines I like much better. My favorite so far being the Brocock magazine.
The gun that I haven’t come to like yet is also the one I have invested the most into, both time and money, it is my FX Impact M3. I really wanted just one gun to shoot slugs with. It was/is to be my only 100 plus yards slug gun, but hasn’t lived up to that bill yet. I have added the accessories that I think are necessary or at least desirable for a slug gun, but it isn’t all that consistent yet and now doesn’t hold air well. I haven’t entirely given up on it yet, but am about at the point of trying to find someone that really know what they are doing and paying them to get this thing tuned and shooting like I think it should, and holding air.

I was just shooting my .25 Sumatra the other day. Will Piatt tuned, Clague moderator, beautiful gun that does what it's supposed to... but it's just not quite me. I'm happy with sub 50fpe guns, I don't have much use for slugs or 200 yard airgun shooting, and I don't really pursue any game that requires this gun's power. So there ya go...

Reactions: Deleted 45061

View attachment 293065

Mike
A rifle can function perfectly well but not be what you want (power, authonomy, accuracy, length, the use you give it)....

Try removing the red dot and mount on it a scope that allows you to shoot at 140 yards and challenge the rifle and yourself.

If the rifle fulfills at 140 yards your impression and feeling can be different.

Mike - I'm going to have to agree with you on the Cricket. I've had 2 of them I sold. A Cricket II and a Cricket II Tactical. Both great airguns but just something about them didn't make them keepers. I have a Cricket Carbine Mini .22 that'll I'll be keeping for the foreseeable future as it's just awesome.

I've had a bunch of AGT Uragans and Uragan Compacts. Amazing airgun and super ergonomic, but again just something didn't make them keepers.

Mike - I'm going to have to agree with you on the Cricket. I've had 2 of them I sold. A Cricket II and a Cricket II Tactical. Both great airguns but just something about them didn't make them keepers. I have a Cricket Carbine Mini .22 that'll I'll be keeping for the foreseeable future as it's just awesome.

I've had a bunch of AGT Uragans and Uragan Compacts. Amazing airgun and super ergonomic, but again just something didn't make them keepers.
On the contrary, I could sell all my air rifles except for the Airgun Technology ones.

Reactions: gendoc
i am a buy once cry once and minimalist, so no. i have never sold anything and have whatever i bought from day one.
if i had lots of money, i would probably have multiple safes or a gun room. :p
I'm sort of the same opinion.
Tools out in the garage. I've bought for specialty (car stuff) situations, and used once or twice. Even though that situation will never come up again in my garage, I don't sell the tools either.

Selling airguns, I don't know. I have maybe a couple that I'd sell. But they were dumb buys in the first place, and not sure anyone else would want them. I've seen them every now and again in the "for sale" sections, they seem to come back, because no one want them from the other folks selling them either !
Never thought of selling the Cricket II, even though it spends more time sitting than being used. I could I guess, in great condition, not a nick or ding anywhere, work without any problems...but.

Emu -
Yeah, I could do that, but there's the same problem, I have other guns that I'd put a scope on and go long distance shooting, before taking the Cricket II out like that !?

Interesting how life can be sometimes.

Mike

Sorry to say, but that has to be the Daystate Air Ranger. My first PCP, and the one that barely have left the gun safe.
View attachment 293142
I felt the same way about the one I had. Beautiful gun that worked well...but it just felt so darned BIG! I really favor guns with a tube reservoir like the Huntsman.

Reactions: Gunnertrones
I have a Diana 54 , nice gun , but heavy and hard to cock , maybe over the winter i can tune it down to 12 FPE ? really don't want to tune it down but the way it stands now just not to my liking .
Make it useful for you or sell/give it away.

I was just thinking that I wish someone would gift me a Diana 54... (chuckle)

I mean, I really need something to work my upper body more than using a hand pump for my PCP(s). (smile)

Reactions: beerthief