• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gun waxing and lubricating pellets

So fellow Air gunners. I'm a awaiting my first PcP rifle which will arrive tomorrow (DAR25) and I have seen many of your conversations on waxing barrels and the major benefits of it. As well as the benefits that can be gained by lubricating pellets. I've worked as a high end custom finish carpenter,My entire life and used this dry lube blade coat literally on everything. For at least 10 years. It absolutely repels dust. Will turn an off the shelf table saw top to something that has 0 friction. Literally a night and day difference when pushing a 4x8 sheet of 3\4 through. You find things like that when your ripping 300 sheets. It leaves 0 residue. Is not petroleum based. And when used on my expensive 250$ miter blades. Extends their life. I use it on all my metal to metal parts that need lubricating and in my profession. Anything with petroleum will gather more dust and gunk up everything. I know I'm talking about woodworking alot but the metal to metal contact is similiar. Also its an aerosol that will not stain wood stocks either and doesn't build up. I've seen a lot of guys using carnuba wax, Pledge, or bicycle chain lube but nothing on this.you can only buy this from woodworking shops. Its 20$ a can. In my amateur Air gunning opinion. This could possibly trump all those. I swear by it for everything I stated. Thought I would throw that out there and get opinions
20201115_120957.1605460840.jpg
20201115_120918.1605460841.jpg
also I've never had a tool rust that I've used it on

The metal to metal lubricant performance is unbelievable. I.e sliding miter saw rails, open rack and pinion on the new dewalts. The stuff is seriously worth every dollar of the 20$ a can it costs. Could just spray it down the barrel are my thoughts and one or two pull of a swab done. And in my untested, opinion could be a much easier and more effective way of rust proofing, lubricating both barrels and pellets

It's probably perfectly safe to use, don't know about its effectiveness. Regarding dieseling in a PCP air rifle, I don't think you should have a concern; very different in a spring piston rifle. Not to be discouraging, but when it comes to pellet lube and waxing barrels, I've never found such things worth the effort. But, if you're sippin' your evening bourbon and need something to do, it won't hurt, and it's been shown effective in some rifles. IMO, assuming you have acceptable accuracy, then do nothing until accuracy falls off, then clean the barrel. If you find you are having to clean more than you think you should, then pellet and barrel treatments may lengthen your intervals between cleanings. What I have found more common, is a lot crud in the bore of a new barrel. In those cases, a good cleaning, followed by polishing with JB paste often cuts way down on the break in process. Everyone has opinions, you'll find out what works best for you. 

Honestly i have no idea. I've never had any sort of gasket, or rubber degrade or start to dry rot. I use it on all my nail guns lubrication points, there's no petroleum distillates or petroleum in it. From what I've come to understand is petroleum distillate is what degrades rubber gaskets. Ill call them tomorrow and find out for sure. Its literally been safe on everything. Including plastics. So ill make a call to their offices tomorrow and give an update 

😂 probably should've read that 10 years ago. Once its dry I THINK all that toxic stuff vaporizes, I mean you probably shouldn't lick it or spray it on your pots and pans as non stick spray. As you can tell I literally use this stuff on everything. Door latches, hinges, sticking door mechanisms on stained panel doors, I can't begin to list the amount of stuff I've used it on

If it smells anything like the old airplane dope I used to "paint" the tissue paper wings of working (flyable) model airplanes back in the 60's and 70's, then I want some, just for the smell. (smile) Never got high from it (and was not trying to) and don't know if you could get high from it, but that "banana"? smell would just bring back a lot of memories for me.

Never did know why it smelled like bananas to me and a lot of other folks... artificial banana, banana oil (often used to describe it, but not accurate as there is no banana oil in the dope) but banana smell none the less. I guess I was just an airplane dope... (chuckle)