• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

gun vise and scope mounting tools

I'm looking at getting a gun vise and was also looking at tool kits for working on guns and mounting scopes. On Amazon I seen a Wheeler kit for scope mounting and such. it had a torque screwdriver and bits. It also came with the scope leveling tool. It was like $80 I then looked at the Tipton gun vise. It was $90 some. Now the reviews on the Tipton gun vise were not that good. People were talking how it was very cheaply made and just didn't hold up. I don't want to do this twice. I was wondering what you guys were using and app how much it was. Money as usual is a concern with me. thanks.

JPW

Seems I screwed the pooch on this one. I put it under tools and such. I then went to the ALL section and seen where someone had started a topic similar. Maybe a little help on the vise and I'll just go with the Wheeler stuff

This is what I have. Very adjustable and solid. Made by Hyskore. The tool tray lifts out. It can also accommodate a pistol. I've even clamped it to my bench for 1 shot sight ins. I think I paid $60 for it.

612stRBTI-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The most useful scope leveling tool.

No bubble levels needed if done properly and when the gun rail is straight as it should be.

https://arisakadefense.com/products/optic-leveler

+1 I have both the small and medium size. This tool uses the flat bottom of your scope to index against the scope rail. If you don't have a flat bottom on your scope.. this won't help.