• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gun shops?

Walmart, Tractor Supply, Runnings (different name, still a Tractor Supply type store) all have guns and pellets but nothing I'd buy in a gun and the pellets are the usual box store Crosman variety stuff IF they have any. Nearest Cabela's is an hour and a half drive and the few Dick's stores anywhere near me carry squat or what they do have is overpriced and I can buy cheaper online.

Only gun store near me with any kind of airguns only has a few seriously over prices Gamo's and some Gamo and Crosman pellets, so 98% of what I have was/is gotten online.

Around here, gunshops are kind of pathetic... yes, they'll have a few basic break barrel airguns, and some tins of pellets @ $20/500 for Crossman/Daisy.

I've tried to support them, but I've pretty much given up.

• I can understand that not everyone is interested in higher end stuff (whether it be powder burner or air powered), but at least "try" to help your customer...
  • if you tell me you will get back to me.. please do. After I do 3 follow up calls, I'll order from somewhere else.
  • As I get older, my tolerance for mind-boggling accuracy claims is not what it used to be... 

On the opposite, there some small shops in places I've lived 20-30 years ago, that I'll still go out of my way to stop by (or order stuff from). They might not have the very best price possible, but the owner is friendly and knowlegeable.

On the opposite, there some small shops in places I've lived 20-30 years ago, that I'll still go out of my way to stop by (or order stuff from). They might not have the very best price possible, but the owner is friendly and knowlegeable.

This is an important observation. I do the same. The prices may not always be the best, but oftentimes people who work in these shops will go to great lengths to help loyal customers.