Gun racks - how do you store your airguns?

Gun storage has always been a problem for me. With powder-burners scopes and bipods always seemed to make racks awkward, but with airguns (PCPs in particular) the problem is even worse! Tanks, bullpup designs, the Leshiy - they seem to defy any of my racks (some work, nothing works for all of them). Right now I have some of my guns in a rifle rack, some laying on tables, and a couple leaned against a bench - not really a long-term solution. How do you guys store your airguns (especially PCPs)? 

TIA,

GsT

I keep all mine in their respective cases, but will soon be building something like this:

Utah Airguns.1613242036.png

That’s one thing that I’ve been going over in my head also. If they were all conventional style airguns it would be much easier. Right now I have most of them propped up against the wall. A few of them in cases and I have pistols in my dresser drawer. My house is kind of small and I’m running out of room also.I have one gun safe that is full of powder burners. I had another safe but gave it to my cousin years ago and all of them the way they were made wouldn’t fit in there that good anyway. I’m sure there’s plenty of people on here that has the same Issue.

Gun safe for guns that are long enough and hard shell Plano cases for the rest. I use the more deluxe case because I have room for my extras to have their own storage slots. Honestly mine get used so much doing pesting they usually stay in the case. Air tank is in a custom built carrier with a single rifle holder on top to hold your gun in the field if needed.

Moved into a place in the country a few years ago. Had the guns on stands and racks, but with the first fall weather found evidence of stocks being grazed on. Bought enough metal gun safes for all of them. Also spring and glue traps liberally diffused around the house. No rodents in the house for 3 winters now. Also have a couple of owls in the trees on the side yard. They do their part for rodent control, too.

Thanks for the link - except for needing (at least) two, those seem ideal! I will probably pick up at least one regardless. I have a strict policy against cases or socks - having lived in Oregon's Willamette Valley (where plastic rusts) I can tell you that your guns can rust in the blink of an eye, and you might not be there to notice when it starts. Something left covered for an extended period can be quite damaged before you discover it. I have not experienced that with my airguns, but I have with several powder-burners, so I like to keep them visible. In my current location (AZ) it doesn't seem to be a problem, but having had the problem once, I'm cautious. It may work fine depending on where you are.

GsT

Thanks for the link - except for needing (at least) two, those seem ideal! I will probably pick up at least one regardless. I have a strict policy against cases or socks - having lived in Oregon's Willamette Valley (where plastic rusts) I can tell you that your guns can rust in the blink of an eye, and you might not be there to notice when it starts. Something left covered for an extended period can be quite damaged before you discover it. I have not experienced that with my airguns, but I have with several powder-burners, so I like to keep them visible. In my current location (AZ) it doesn't seem to be a problem, but having had the problem once, I'm cautious. It may work fine depending on where you are.

GsT

All my powder burners are in actual safes, which each have a Golden Rod 'heater' (keeps safe interior temp slightly above ambient temp so stops moisture in air from condensing out and initiating rust).

As far as the rifle socks go, I purchase the ones which are impregnated with silicone so at least in the beginning they 'repel' moisture. I do not know how long this protection lasts, but silicone is not particularly volatile. Plus they are in the heated living quarters of the house and I don't live very near the ocean any more. No rust issues so far, and I do rotate the guns I shoot so I look at each one pretty regularly.

I did just that bought a 36 gun safe, put a partial bottom shelve on the right side for the AR's and short rifles. Bought another safe 20 rifle and gutted it. Made shelves and use it for pistols and scopes. Didn't buy either one big enough out of room. Hang air rifles on the rafters(floor joists) in the basement till I figure something else out. Have to keep tiny humans away.