Crosman Gun of the year award

he does not ship outside of Europe according to what i could tell.

I live in Boise Idaho, He shipped it to me within a week. As a matter of fact I ordered another one for myself, when I looked for his Ebay address for you, so that information is not correct.
I hope that you find a ss tray for your crosman.

Reactions: cavedweller
My Lothar Mrod with a Challenger stock is not an AGR build but I love it no less. Makes me feel good to see you speak the praises of the platform against the "top tier" guns, even if it's not necessarily the same. The stock changed the gun dramatically. I went from the wood stock to synthetic to this one and it's been a significant upgrade. I was happy with the accuracy before but for me, this stock made me go from mostly clovers to many one-hole groups at 30 yards. I was really surprised at the difference it made. View attachment 438085View attachment 438086
Many speak of the aluminum tube but I wouldn't change this one at this point. It's not heavy imo. The stock really changed the bias.
Now tell me... where did you get that extra long butt plate adjuster? I would love to have one.
I was wondering if you modified the stock to accept the Marauder guage? I contacted Rich a month ago about getting a Challenger stock for my Marauder as I really have enjoyed it but I would love a fully adjustable stock. He said it would be best to change the air tube or plug off the guage, but I figured there had to be some room to modify the stock AND have the rail and riser function still.

I was wondering if you modified the stock to accept the Marauder guage? I contacted Rich a month ago about getting a Challenger stock for my Marauder as I really have enjoyed it but I would love a fully adjustable stock. He said it would be best to change the air tube or plug off the guage, but I figured there had to be some room to modify the stock AND have the rail and riser function still.
Rich knows his stuff so i'd be inclined to go with his recommendations.

Rich does a great job putting those together. Glad you like the rifle. I have been shooting one similar to that for a number of seasons.

I roll the pellet off my finger and into the breech with my thumb.
I have great gross motor skills, but a 4800 lb car doing 50 mph decided to break my neck in a few places while I was on my bicycle and the fine motorskills at my right hands thumb and finger tip is somewhat lacking.

Last edited:
I have great gross motor skills, but a 4800 lb car doing 50 mph decided to break my neck in a few places while I was on my bicycle and the fine motorskills at my right hands thumb and finger tip is somewhat lacking.
I am sorry to hear that but glad your still with us!

This is a great FT platform. I have been shooting my frankingun for a few seasons. I built it from Challenger cycle test parts on a marauder tube and stock.

This is a great FT platform. I have been shooting my frankingun for a few seasons. I built it from Challenger cycle test parts on a marauder tube and stock.
How did I get soooo lucky? This is heading my way and Rich is building yet another special HFT challenger for me 🤩
IMG_7260.jpeg

Rich at airgun-revisions made me a crosman challenger machined to accept a single shot loader made by Carm

Reactions: Ezana4CE
Glade you like it. The gun is definitely a winner in multiple categories and I’m also proud that a small part of my DNA also comes with the factory gun that John S crafted at Crosman.
To your point of a loading tap? In field target most will be good to go with a shot tray, that’s why I leave it and it’s factory set up, but I will point out that Airgun Revisions currently built only one Mag fed Challenger. Probably the only one. This can be adapted to a Carm loading tap configuration. As a matter of fact I think the owner uses that exclusively but here is a picture of the magazine. There is a lot of work to convert it that’s why I don’t advertise it unless somebody wants it.

View attachment 436996

View attachment 436997
Did you paint the stock? I like the look of the all black over the grey 2 tone.

Did you paint the stock? I like the look of the all black over the grey 2 tone.
To the best of my knowledge the Challenger comes in gray and black, the marauder in black? I have a one off red white and blue hydro dipped usa side lever marauder as well - it’s one of one!
IMG_7371.jpeg

If you’ve seen some of my posts you will quickly realize I have spared no expense when it comes to airguns - I’m passionate about the sport or hobby. To date I have owned just about all of the highest quality highest performing PCP’s. Granted it took me a while to understand what I was really looking for and expecting from an airgun. I especially enjoy having some of AGN's amazing and gifted tuners put their magic twists on already great airguns.... wow!

I have owned the very best FX has including Crowns, Mavericks, Dreamlines and M3 impacts, the very best RAW has two HMX1000's and two TM 1000's, the very best DayState has including the electronic Alphawolf and Redwolf and their top tier Wolverine Sapphire and their Tsar, the very best Brococks like the Ghost and Commander XR, the very best American Arms has the EVOL, the very best Steyr has including a ProX10, the very best Anschutz has an 8002 in a precision stock, the very best Weihrauch has, the USFT MAC1, a Thomas bench rest gun, two different Edguns, and a few types of Airforce rigs, one FWB, a couple of BSA’s, a few Air Arms, AGT Uragan, a Taipan Vet, a Skout Epoch and I could go on but you get the point.

So after 2.5 years into this pneumatic adventure or obsession, I also discovered the world of Field Target and the specialized equipment that goes with it. The rabbit hole is deep my friends.

What I’m going to declare here may surprise some people, maybe not, but the Crossman HFT Challenger is a rock solid performer, especially as built by @Airgun-Revisions!

I might add that this particular PCP's price point comes in - even customized for my particular requesr @ < $1298.00 or 1/3 rd to even 1/5th of many specialized Field Target platforms. Very accurate, very adjustable, very reliable, and it loves the Benjamin 10.5’s and even scoped with a big ol Sightron FT scope she still only tips the scales <10 lbs! Before you think I’ve lost my mind, which I have, there’s one niggle that keeps my 67 year old fingers from taking this gun everywhere, meaning to every FT match i will ever go to…… it lacks a flip out single shot loader, thus I drop as many pellets as I load.

Yet, in spite of this one draw back, IMO, this modest Crossman HFT Challenger gets my nod as the number ONE, PCP of the year. The amount of gun / performance you get at this price point is exceptional!

Well done Rich Dudek @Airgun-Revisions !

My current Challenger setup includes a Sightron S-Tac 4-20x50 ffp/ir scope with the MH4 reticle and a scope werks 6” eccentric mag parallax wheel held up by eaglevisions sidemount inf adj rings.

[ATTACH type="full" alt="IMG_7227.jpeg"]436972[/ATTACH][ATTACH type="full" alt="IMG_7226.jpeg"]436971[/ATTACH]

View attachment 436971

View attachment 436972
Hello @cavedweller

I must agree with you 100%. I purchased one and shot it right out of the box other than a good barrel cleaning. I have posted here on the forum many paper targets that I shot a perfect score with this simple but extremely accurate rifle. The only reason I sold it was because of the single load of those tiny little bitty .177 pellets :ROFLMAO: .

ThomasT