Gun gauge or tank gauge

What really is interesting is at what pressure range your gun shoots best.

Fill to that range max and it matters little what gauge you use, rarely a bigbore will notice a +-5% fill pressure variance.

But as stated a 2½-3" dial is way easier to read than a sub 1" one.

And the big dial is right at your hand when you fill, the small one on your rifle is rarely in direct wiew.

I have to different tanks that read two different psi. I have used two Umarex ready air compressors set to 3000 psi and have had different readings on the tank gauges. I also used my hand pump(with a quality liquid filled gauge) to check the tank gauges and the Umarex compressors were correct and the extremely small cheaply looking tank gauges were not.

I have to different tanks that read two different psi. I have used two Umarex ready air compressors set to 3000 psi and have had different readings on the tank gauges. I also used my hand pump(with a quality liquid filled gauge) to check the tank gauges and the Umarex compressors were correct and the extremely small cheaply looking tank gauges were not.

You said it!!!

When you have multiple (different reading) gauges on tanks then by all means go by the one on your gun.