• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Gun for my brother in law????

I've got a situation. My brother in law wants an air rifle. (You know how it is when you show'm your stuff) anyways. He needs to start out with a springer and NOT a high power one and I know the HW30 urban pro would be perfect but he wants to spend $250. I can come up with a scope and rings but I'm at a loss as to what to suggest for a gun. Anyone got an idea or a used something that wouldn't recoil hard and would be relatively nice to shoot quiet you know what I want a $500 gun for $250 like the rest of the world. Wish me luck.

Bump it up to a HW50s from Krale. I think that'll make it about $280, shipped. It has a chisel type barrel lock up instead of the ball type like on the hw30. Also has a bit more fps, 50 yards shooting is wquite doable with a 50 but pretty tough with a 30. Of a FWB Sport, HW77k, Beeman RX2, the HW50 is the one I still own. Shoots better than much more expensive springers, nice size, perfect balance of stroke and piston diameter. Least hold sensitive that I've tried. If you're gonna make the poor guy start with a springer, get one that's a little easier to shoot than most. 

When u Americans buy air guns from The Netherlands(Krale)do you also have to pay import costs at all?Or do you just pay the actual price plus shipping without any additional import or tax costs?When we (Dutch people)buy from the US we pay alot of taxes and import costs.Making it very uninteresting to buy overseas.....But luckily we have Krale that virtually offers any airgun on the market.

I got the gun. The scope was defective (they are making that right no questions ask). I put a 4 - 32 HW scope that was on my HW30 urban pro and shot the gun. Here is a group I shot at 50 yards. Keep in mind 4 power and I’m used to shooting PCP guns with high power scopes and light triggers. This is about 20 shots and I think it’s about all you could expect and that it’s suitable to give to my brother in law . Oh it’s a HW 35 Don’t know exactly what to expect. Springers are hold sensitive and it seems follow thru and trigger release very critical. Actually good training seems if you could shoot a springer well you could shoot about anything Opinions good enough to give him? I can’t call the fliers as fault they could have been. I just did my best some of the ones I would have called hit in the gtoup
1565701937_15072300625d52b7312302f7.45943218_BA400572-58F6-4C0A-B6C4-A46C5822D0C2.jpeg

I’d don’t know. It’s a pretty nice rifle. Stainless steel. The stock is painted wood. If it was mine I would sand the paint off and see what’s under the paint and then finish or repaint. It’s definitely not a synthetic stock. I’m not going to invest the time or effort.

Maybe someone else can answer do they sell rifles with wooden painted stocks? I was thinking when I purchased it was a synthetic stock because it was black. Paint job pretty nicely done so I don’t think it was a previous owners work but could be .

No man, that’s the way they came. It’s factory finished black over beach. Don’t refinish it! You have a rare rifle here in the U.S. the scope is not the original and neither is the picatinny rail on the forearm. But that rifle might be quite collectible. Collectible or not, you got a great rifle at a great price with a weihrauch moderator on the carbine barrel. 

No man, that’s the way they came. It’s factory finished black over beach. Don’t refinish it! You have a rare rifle here in the U.S. the scope is not the original and neither is the picatinny rail on the forearm. But that rifle might be quite collectible. Collectible or not, you got a great rifle at a great price with a weihrauch moderator on the carbine barrel.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated I took the picatinny rail off and carefully filled in the screw holes. Going to put a bug buster scope on it.