• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Gun comparison

crown chassis..by mpa.
FX5-767x185.jpg

Last edited:
I have the chassis for the HM1000x right now and am waiting to have my rifle shipped from Martin. I plan on using the rifle for thr NRL22 game. Once I start shooting i can get some pictures and show people how it works out.

I have used other guns that are tall with no issues, though each gun is different.

I have the chassis for the HM1000x right now and am waiting to have my rifle shipped from Martin. I plan on using the rifle for thr NRL22 game. Once I start shooting i can get some pictures and show people how it works out.

I have used other guns that are tall with no issues, though each gun is different.
Post your report card! I would be very interested to see how you do with the RAW. I think the HM1000X in the MPA chassis would be a great gun for NRL-22.

Well the rifle is here and I have it all set up and ready to go. Will take the rifle out tomorrow after work to get some shots and some velocity numbers.

The wide base on the chassis is a GREAT platform for stability! The only prop that I am concerned about would be the pyramid, I am sure the rifle will fit but time will tell. We do our matches on the first Sunday of the month, so in two weeks I will be giving the rifle a shot.
image000000(3).jpg
20240422_144244.jpg

20240422_144708.jpg

Very nice! One option if needed would be to make a little picatinny shelf that you could attach to the spigot where your bipod is when you need more scope clearance. Maybe even make it Arca so you could put a bag plate up front. Then you would have to reach way up there to manipulate a bag. The balance would be a little off when resting the gun on the spigot but at least you would be able to see the target. If you took your rig and replaced the bottle with a tube, and convinced MPA to make the chassis rail an inch or so higher for the tube, this would be the perfect PRS air rifle. And while we have MPA on the phone, maybe we could ask them to knock $500 off the price of the chassis. I mean, if the rimfire guys aren't going to take us seriously, why are we paying such serious prices?

Where's the balance point on that rig?

• Haha
Reactions: woogie_man
The balance is just in front of the block. I have a barricade stop sitting just behind the spot to keep the barricades right where I want them. I can get a picture of the spot tomorrow.

A cylinder for the gun would be interesting for sure. I have a barricade here at the house I will pull out and see how it is to move from position to position. Laying prone with the rifle you can feel the rifle really settle into position. Can't wait to get some shooting done tomorrow.
image000000(4).jpg

Here you can see the barricade stop, that is just behind the balance point.

I can say that shooting this rifle is stupid simple. The wide forend just sits in a bag and when on a prop it doesn't move.

Match will be hopefully on the 1st Sunday again. So hopefully I can get a report on how the rifle does at a match. I will say though......... the muzzle break on the rifle hurts my ears! I just about have to wear ear pro when shooting this rifle!

Well the rifle is here and I have it all set up and ready to go. Will take the rifle out tomorrow after work to get some shots and some velocity numbers.

The wide base on the chassis is a GREAT platform for stability! The only prop that I am concerned about would be the pyramid, I am sure the rifle will fit but time will tell. We do our matches on the first Sunday of the month, so in two weeks I will be giving the rifle a shot.View attachment 458256View attachment 458257
View attachment 458259
Damn @woogie_man , you're not an old fu@ker like most of the rest of us... ;)

The NRL22 Pyramid is the prop I am worried about. I just measured the height of the rifle from the bottom of the forend to the top of the scope. I have 6" total that will need to fit through the prop. Looking at the schematics it looks like the openings are supposed to be 8" between the boards. Maybe a little more depending on the 2x4's that are used and if the match director follows the schematics exactly.

1714670698245.png