• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Guess the distance

What's your guess on the distance to targets? 

Screenshot_20211219-200023_YouTube.1639962526.jpg

It is really easy to calculate. YT video is recorded in 30 FPS. You can play the video frame by frame (https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/3121370/how-to-advance-video-frame-by-frame?hl=en) and count the frames starting from the muzzle blast till you see a projectile reaching the target. One frame is 1/30 s = 0.03s. If the flight of the projectile took 7 frames it means it lasted for 0.21s. If you know the BC of the projectile as well as v0 you can go to Strelok and see how much time it takes the projectile to reach 100 yards.

Pretty hard to get all that from a photograph. 😉

It is really easy to calculate. YT video is recorded in 30 FPS. You can play the video frame by frame (https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/3121370/how-to-advance-video-frame-by-frame?hl=en) and count the frames starting from the muzzle blast till you see a projectile reaching the target. One frame is 1/30 s = 0.03s. If the flight of the projectile took 7 frames it means it lasted for 0.21s. If you know the BC of the projectile as well as v0 you can go to Strelok and see how much time it takes the projectile to reach 100 yards.

Pretty hard to get all that from a photograph.
1f609.svg

Video was on the tuning page I believe and was quoted to be 100 yards

Streloc says 40gr bullet with the bc of .545 g1 at 100 yards 50 degree weather would take .3 seconds to reach the target. .545 bc is the same bc as my 105 gr 243ai vlds are which is way higher than the bc of the 25 cal slug he is shooting at 1050 fps which the Chrono said on video something doesn't make sense there I don't know the number of frames it took or nothing though so 

Jebus people STOP IT... FFS

The distance IS 100 yards.

Look at this picture from his video... NOTICE the focus ring is set to 100 yds?

tgtreticle.1639970764.jpg

BUT JUST IN CASE that isn't enough...

t.1639970791.jpg

JUST STOP IT... Don't make me do the math. I really don't want to.

OK, He is abrasive. He attacked one of your sacred cows. All that doesn't make him a liar.

NOW STOP