Guage on my Yongheng compressor destroyed..

Nope never seen anything like that before.........

1666691895756.png

well it is a machanical device, and if it was like mine the needle violently vibrates at high frequency which is going to cause stress and wear leading to failure ... not saying its a complete solution, but what i did was pry the plug out and dump in some thick silicone shock oil .. the original idea was to fill it and seal it but it seeped so i drained it, but it was lubed well, and even with that it damped it pretty well .. so far no failures ..

Totally agree on the needle vibration. I think that is what caused the arcing which ended up blowing mine out. I have since ditched the auto stop as it's way too glitchy. Got two oil filled standard gauges from Amazon and much better now.

Which gauge did you pick off Amazon? I need to replace the one on my Yong Heng as it is reading too low.

Looks like the price went up a lot - I paid $12.50 each a few days ago.

Thanks. That looks like a well made gauge. I have noticed that lately. One item I was wanting more of went up 50% a couple of days after I bought one. so I took it out of my cart. 4 weeks later it was back to the old price. I have also noticed the prices on E Bikes dropping from their covid inflated level. One company is giving a $300 discount. Not quite as much as the price jump from pre covid, but it is decent.

Whenever I am running my compressor I am staying within reach, no coffee no toilet no moving away.
Second, I have two more gauges inline for double and triple checking the pressure I am filling in my tanks.
And the last, I hear some people disconnected the wire, so then just any matching thread

1. I promise, I'll have coffee before using YH again.
2. I will surely look into installing additional pressure guages. Can you provide a picture of your setup?
3. I should have thought if this.

After replacing 3 gauges, I now just put a brass plug there and rely on my tanks gauge, it's more accurate anyway.
I need a plug too. I don't need a guage on my YH. I use an in-line T-section on my output air line and attach a really frickin' good guage to that.
Anyway, I really don't trust the guage on my YH. After only a few uses the gauge needle won't go down all the way when there's no pressure. I feel like it's gonna blow every time I use it now.

grungy

Last edited by a moderator: