GTA or AGN try this again

Hi.. how could you send a message to a moderator in GTA .. I only enter to read About custom builts.. never had posted anything..not even a good morning... but I'm Banned..thanks

To be banned, you would have to have been a member. I know the former forum owner did a membership purge something like 4 1/2 years ago and anyone who hadn't logged in for 2 years or more or made single post in 2 years or more got deleted. Depending on when you originally joined, your name may well have ended up on that list since you said you never posted. Maybe just try joining again??

The guys that can answer the difficult or tricky questions are getting few and far between. A lot of them that can answer those type of questions on this forum are GTA guys. The good news is there are some AGN members that don’t hold a grudge and bounce back and forth to share knowledge. In the past, I always viewed AGN guys as knob twisters at best. Not anymore. The knowledge base here is getting better.

I just came over from GTA a couple months ago. They’re both good in their own way, and really kind of compliment each other to me. As an example, I see a lot about the more traditional style gun and modding/tuning them on GTA, and see more about the newer style guns and modding/tuning them here. There’s no comparison as far as traffic goes, AGN is very good for that, especially the classifieds. I check both multiple times a day, great info at both sites.

Beau Moody

GTA is good for the people into vintage American guns or the budget stuff. There's a big discussion for that kinda stuff there. 

For everything else, this is the place to be. 

GTA is also extremely heavily moderated, often times to the extent of hiding the truth if its ugly or inconvenient. 

that is how i see the two forums. i browse GTA more for crosman, airforce and the korean stuff, and here for anything else.

people seem willing to help out on both forums.

to the third point, i think the amount of drama and one side moderation (whether perceived or true) happens in both forums. and most likely every forum that has ever existed on the internet

I use both, but find AGN covers more of what I have and am into. Moderation on GTA is absurd, for example….I used the term polished turd, and they edited the word turd, sorry, but that’s over the top. If they ever heard me speak, in real life, they would simply fall over. I was raised in New Jersey, and was in construction my whole career. I am a bit salty at times, and swearing, cursing, cussing is not offensive to me….usually. 

I'm wondering why the question was proposed; but I'll bite.

Each forum has their advantages. 

My honest thoughts? Lately I'm sick of it here with the scammers that infiltrate, or for some unknown reason are allowed to keep an active account. (Edit: I have heard some troublemakers maybe hiding on GTA also.)

Questions like what pcp can kill a deer? What PCP is quiet enough that I won't get caught shooting somewhere I shouldn't be shooting? Backyard friendly is a misleading term folks. 
Oh, and people that won't sell via PayPal G&S.

I'm fine buying brand new in box. If people don't want to read my 20+ pages of 100% positive feedback from old Yellowforum boi & all 100% positive sales here, yet have no feedback at all themselves. Ok. Sell it to someone who is willing to pay on the chance that they're dealing with one of those new scammers. 

Example, good guy: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/paul-nava-top-notch-man-to-deal-with-%f0%9f%91%8d%f0%9f%91%8d%f0%9f%91%8d/

Example BS'r, bad guy: https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/krewl17-luis-a-alcala-jr-%f0%9f%91%8e%f0%9f%91%8e%f0%9f%91%8e-negative/