GS 116 yards Tactacam 5.0 w/ FTS

I posted a short video of a two squirrel with one pellet a couple of weeks ago. It was my first day with the Tactacam 5.0 with FTS system. I plan to do another post just about the Tactacam FTS but here’s my first attempt at video editing. Both this shot and the previous one were picked up by @tflats99 on his YouTube channel. This video was edited using a free video editing app called Videoleap. This was recommended by Tim, who uses it on his awesome videos. I’ve only scratched the surface on what the app and the Tactacam can do.

https://youtu.be/criqpoGSiSk

CC, I know you said you’re going to do a Tactacam video but for now, what are your initial thoughts on it? Pros, cons, first impression, etc?

My initial thoughts are that it is the one you want. Films in 4K or 2.7K at 30 fps, full HD 1080p at 120 fps, and HD 720p at 240 fps. Doesn’t interfere with your shooting at all. I filmed that Speed KYL video with it and it didn’t slow me down at all. Very easy to set up. I have not tried the Sideshot with the GoPro action cam, but this is much smaller, lighter and unobtrusive. Very easy to use on just about any scope. Sets up in minutes. You don’t need to move your scope at all. And you don’t have to use one of the silly rubber eye cups like some set ups. For the money, this is THE ONE to buy...It has the Centercut two thumbs up! ;)

Centercut, nice! and that scope reticle sure looks familiar. I almost think that I was taking the shot.

Ha! Great scope. I have that and the same scope with APRS2 reticle, which is the non-Christmas tree version. Not sure which I like best. 

On the shot I had to climb on top of about an 8 foot high boulder to see down and over the scrub brush to the fields below. Took it lying prone on the boulder, bipod front and hand for rear rest. Wind slight breeze right to left. Shot went about an inch or so higher than crosshairs because of down angle on shot, and about 1/2 mil for windage. Wasn’t sure how much so I aimed at shoulder height and shot hit solid on head just aft of his right eye. Very solid shot and you can see the large puff of dust fly off his head on the slo-mo.