• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Crosman Groups with Crosman Pistol 1377 Custom

Hello There,

Today I did somente shots with my Crosman 1377, It was modified to a carabine, with Crosman Shoulder Stock, Clevercraft Mount Picatiny bought on Ebay, Barrel Band with Silencer Adapter also bought on Ebay and one Last modification was The trigger spring adjuster.

Shoot Info:
5 shots per Target
Distance: 16 meters
Pellet: Rifle Dome 4.5
Number of Pumps: 5x
Position: Bench rest
Scope: 3-9x32ao

20230820_131513.jpg

Looks like a good barrel to me. Nice shooting, too. I think I had 5 .22 barrels for my 1322 before I just gave up and got a Lothar Walther barrel
This Crosman originaly was on .22, here in my country in The period that I aquire this Pistol there was only on 22 caliber avaible...i had to import 177 barrel from UK, i bought The conventional crosman barrel without any modifications, I think I got lucky!!!
Another point to mention that i forgot is that it was installed an extended probe to better acomodate The pellet in The barrel.
I was imagining how good this Airgun could be with a Lothar Walter Barrel installed, should get another level on precision!!!
Dallas could you please share with US your results with your modifed Crosman???

nice shooting . i like when people take this pistol and make it shoot so well .
Still a fun gun . Many years ago we had 2 ( my buddy and I). Great for down at the creek fun shooting and making paper spitwad pellets/ bb to shoot
Carpenter bees in the barn/shop drilling the rafters.. normal projectiles high risk of hitting shop lights or tin roofing / siding of the building .. lol , them good ol days..

This Crosman originaly was on .22, here in my country in The period that I aquire this Pistol there was only on 22 caliber avaible...i had to import 177 barrel from UK, i bought The conventional crosman barrel without any modifications, I think I got lucky!!!
Another point to mention that i forgot is that it was installed an extended probe to better acomodate The pellet in The barrel.
I was imagining how good this Airgun could be with a Lothar Walter Barrel installed, should get another level on precision!!!
Dallas could you please share with US your results with your modifed Crosman???
Honestly, accuracy that good would be hard to improve on. I guess I can't say for sure, but it looks like it would shoot pellet on pellet if the gun was held absolutely still and shot with perfect technique. Both of those things are near impossible, but the accuracy looks so good that I'm not sure I would attempt to improve it... but if you have money to spare and time to kill, you can always try.

As for mine, I've had it for quite a few years now. It has seen many revisions and updates. As I mentioned I tried a number of factory barrels short and long and just could not get it to shoot straight. Finally got the Lothar Walther barrel. 45 or 50 dollars plus shipping from Crosman themselves. Got a big boost in accuracy. The new barrel made evident the other faults of the gun. The plastic barrel band was causing accuracy issues. The steel breech I also had at the time did not fit to the or any of the barrels I had well either. I believe it also had only one set screw as well. I modified that gun to use a 2240 barrel band that had been cut and rewelded to fit the smaller airtube. Seen here with my other 1322 that was converted to pcp at some point afterward.

Screenshot_20230821_100834_Gallery.jpg

I since removed the 2240 barrel band and found a metal barrel band for the front of the gun (from maverick custom) instead of using the plastic one there. I also replaced the breech with one from gmac that fits so snug you almost cant get the barrel in it. I've also replaced the barrel with a second Lothar Walther barrel. The first one was a good shooter but I was using a pellet sizer to reduce the diameter of 14.3gr cphp pellets. The choke on it seemed excessively tight. That barrel was cut down to 7.6 inches from its original 14.5 and was re-choked specifically for 16gr aa pellets. It is now in the other 1322 pcp. The 14.5 inch barrel now on the original gun seems to have no choke issues, and is still extremely accurate. Unfortunately I am bad about shooting groups or documenting anything. But I can say that the gun has no issues hitting an ant at 25 yards if I do my part. Assuming I have optics on it that allow me to see it :ROFLMAO:. Currently I have a mountain air custom dual seal flat top piston in it. I like this one for the dual seals and because I can adjust its throw. This has multiple benefits. Barrel is ported as is the transfer port. Valve is diy flat topped, fully ported and is very close to factory volume. But I installed a steel pin in the inlet channel. This drastically increases compression. Tom west pump arm was a must even without the valve pin mod. Flat top piston/valve killed my original pump arm. I replaced it with an older one, at which point it started killing my elbow. The Tom west one has a modified angle that adds leverage, and also is extended quite a bit, adding more leverage. It is quite easy to pump now, where it was beginning to hurt me prior. I also learned to start using mac1 secret sauce (basically industrial hydraulic fluid) on the pump arm and link pivots. My original ones got worn pretty severely and had to be replaced. These are holding up very good now. At 10 pumps it does 585fps with 14.3gr pellets.
PSX_20230520_182655.jpg

And here is the other pcp one. This one is tuned to shoot 16gr aa pellets at 600fps, integrally moderated, close to 100 shots per fill

PSX_20200517_195503.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956
Honestly, accuracy that good would be hard to improve on. I guess I can't say for sure, but it looks like it would shoot pellet on pellet if the gun was held absolutely still and shot with perfect technique. Both of those things are near impossible, but the accuracy looks so good that I'm not sure I would attempt to improve it... but if you have money to spare and time to kill, you can always try.

As for mine, I've had it for quite a few years now. It has seen many revisions and updates. As I mentioned I tried a number of factory barrels short and long and just could not get it to shoot straight. Finally got the Lothar Walther barrel. 45 or 50 dollars plus shipping from Crosman themselves. Got a big boost in accuracy. The new barrel made evident the other faults of the gun. The plastic barrel band was causing accuracy issues. The steel breech I also had at the time did not fit to the or any of the barrels I had well either. I believe it also had only one set screw as well. I modified that gun to use a 2240 barrel band that had been cut and rewelded to fit the smaller airtube. Seen here with my other 1322 that was converted to pcp at some point afterward.

View attachment 382438

I since removed the 2240 barrel band and found a metal barrel band for the front of the gun (from maverick custom) instead of using the plastic one there. I also replaced the breech with one from gmac that fits so snug you almost cant get the barrel in it. I've also replaced the barrel with a second Lothar Walther barrel. The first one was a good shooter but I was using a pellet sizer to reduce the diameter of 14.3gr cphp pellets. The choke on it seemed excessively tight. That barrel was cut down to 7.6 inches from its original 14.5 and was re-choked specifically for 16gr aa pellets. It is now in the other 1322 pcp. The 14.5 inch barrel now on the original gun seems to have no choke issues, and is still extremely accurate. Unfortunately I am bad about shooting groups or documenting anything. But I can say that the gun has no issues hitting an ant at 25 yards if I do my part. Assuming I have optics on it that allow me to see it :ROFLMAO:. Currently I have a mountain air custom dual seal flat top piston in it. I like this one for the dual seals and because I can adjust its throw. This has multiple benefits. Barrel is ported as is the transfer port. Valve is diy flat topped, fully ported and is very close to factory volume. But I installed a steel pin in the inlet channel. This drastically increases compression. Tom west pump arm was a must even without the valve pin mod. Flat top piston/valve killed my original pump arm. I replaced it with an older one, at which point it started killing my elbow. The Tom west one has a modified angle that adds leverage, and also is extended quite a bit, adding more leverage. It is quite easy to pump now, where it was beginning to hurt me prior. I also learned to start using mac1 secret sauce (basically industrial hydraulic fluid) on the pump arm and link pivots. My original ones got worn pretty severely and had to be replaced. These are holding up very good now. At 10 pumps it does 585fps with 14.3gr pellets.
View attachment 382439

And here is the other pcp one. This one is tuned to shoot 16gr aa pellets at 600fps, integrally moderated, close to 100 shots per fill
View attachment 382440
You did an amazing work with your Crosman Pistols!!! Fantastic setup!!! Amazing Velocity Results with 14.3g pellets!!!
I also used for long period of time the Gmac Steel Breach, but I choose to install the CleverCraft Picatiny, I realise that the Clevercraft makes the scope very firm atached to the gun. Since them I obtained better results, one another point was the Barrel Band, I bought it with an Ebay seller from Germany, with this aluminiun Barrel Band I had another increase of accuracy. The barrel is very well atatched to the tube.
The silencer also provided an increase of accuracy, since I installed it I almost got no flyers, certainly the supressor stabilized the pellets trajectory...
After hearing from you, I Will keep this "Pistol" with this configuration...I Will manage, to aquire another 1377 and with this new one i hope to install a Lothar Walter Barrel...this hobby is addicting😊!!! Crosman 1377 is an addiction!!!!

Hello There,

Today I did somente shots with my Crosman 1377, It was modified to a carabine, with Crosman Shoulder Stock, Clevercraft Mount Picatiny bought on Ebay, Barrel Band with Silencer Adapter also bought on Ebay and one Last modification was The trigger spring adjuster.

Shoot Info:
5 shots per Target
Distance: 16 meters
Pellet: Rifle Dome 4.5
Number of Pumps: 5x
Position: Bench rest
Scope: 3-9x32ao

View attachment 382246

That's some great accuracy and shooting. You've discovered a good gun, ammo, and accessory combination.

When I was a kid, after a bunch of range time, my Dad determined I was responsible enough to have my own air pistol. The Western Auto store in town sold ammo and airguns, and they had a 1377 on a pegboard with a few other airguns of the time. Loved it as soon as I held it. I delivered newspapers and mowed lawns for the entire summer, and finally had enough to buy it. Went down there with Dad and I ended up buying it for $38.00 and they threw in a plastic box of pellets you could hang on your belt. A lot of money for a kid at that time, but it was worth it.

I gave my original 1377 to my daughter, who's also an airgun and PB shooter, and I bought another 1377 for myself to replace it. It's just a great gun and a time proven design. And with the carbine stock, it's a nice short to medium range plinker.

Last edited:
That's some great accuracy and shooting. You've discovered a good gun, ammo, and accessory combination.

When I was a kid, after a bunch of range time, my Dad determined I was responsible enough to have my own air pistol. The Western Auto store in town sold ammo and airguns, and they had a 1377 on a pegboard with a few other airguns of the time. Loved it as soon as I held it. I delivered newspapers and mowed lawns for the entire summer, and finally had enough to buy it. Went down there with Dad and I ended up buying it for $38.00 and they threw in a plastic box of pellets you could hang on your belt. A lot of money for a kid at that time, but it was worth it.

I gave my original 1377 to my daughter, who's also an airgun and PB shooter, and I bought another 1377 for myself to replace it. It's just a great gun and a time proven design. And with the carbine stock, it's a nice short to medium range plinker.
Nice Story!!! That's why the Crosman is Known as American Classic Air Pistol!!! It is part of the history of many American's childhood!!! I wish i Had born in USA!!!

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
They are fun to tinker with for sure. Lots of fun to shoot as well.

Here is a good photo of the valve pin mod. Basically a steel pin pressed into the front of the inlet valve. Pretty big power gain there alone.
Screenshot_20230821_124054_Chrome.jpg

Also if you ever feel up to it, you can install a marauder Pistol trigger group. Also found in 1720. You will need to fill the recess in the hammer or get a custom.hammer with no recess. I think I also had to reduce the height of the sear a bit. Also have to hold the trigger down when installing as to not break the sear. Huge improvement over factory trigger. My original 1322 just has a roller trigger, but the pcp has the prod drop sear trigger.

They are fun to tinker with for sure. Lots of fun to shoot as well.

Here is a good photo of the valve pin mod. Basically a steel pin pressed into the front of the inlet valve. Pretty big power gain there alone.View attachment 382470

Also if you ever feel up to it, you can install a marauder Pistol trigger group. Also found in 1720. You will need to fill the recess in the hammer or get a custom.hammer with no recess. I think I also had to reduce the height of the sear a bit. Also have to hold the trigger down when installing as to not break the sear. Huge improvement over factory trigger. My original 1322 just has a roller trigger, but the pcp has the prod drop sear trigger.
Very Nice Valve Modification, I certainly need to study more about flat valve and piston modifications in orther to get more fps with my Air Pistol, more pellet velocity is always better, there is no doubt!!!
I would like to know if is there any tip to deal with a wobbling pivot pin atached to pump arm?
From time to time it moves and I always need to set it in a center position. What should I do to deal with this pivot pin problem?

That should be a roll pin if it's original. I'd take a small pointed punch or scribe, put the other side against a block of wood and put the punch in the middle of the roll pin. Strike a few times with a hammer to flare it a bit. Same for other side. Other option is to get an upgraded pin that has screws or bolts instead. Might be easier to do that if you don't have the punch. Theu don't cost much.

Reactions: Target50
That should be a roll pin if it's original. I'd take a small pointed punch or scribe, put the other side against a block of wood and put the punch in the middle of the roll pin. Strike a few times with a hammer to flare it a bit. Same for other side. Other option is to get an upgraded pin that has screws or bolts instead. Might be easier to do that if you don't have the punch. Theu don't cost much.
I Will try to use the punch as you recomended!!! Thanks for the atention and for all the advices in special with the Valve Mods, i will study the possibility to incorporate this modification in a New Crosman 1377 Project!!!

• Love
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas