N/A Group Therapy with my PSE Dream Season

The past couple years since air rifles became legal for deer in GA, my bow has been getting neglected. Poor thing. I opened up the case a few months back, looking for gloves, not even to get her out and found the string had snapped. Really glad she chose to let it loose in the case vs in my hand. But I decided that she'd been neglected enough and got her to the nearest shop for a much needed tune and new string. While she was gone I decided to surprise her with a new 5 pin site too. Fella at the bow shop thought I'd never shot it cause he couldn't pull it back, so he was surprised when I came in for fitting and we turned it up. I don't think it was maxed out like it was before and we didn't put it on the scale, but it's probably around 70ish pounds. I'm shooting 150gn tips on a 350gn 350 spline shaft, and she really likes these heavier arrows. Been shooting every other day or so for the past couple weeks, slowly getting the new site dialed in. Just got my lowest pin dialed at 48 yards. This group felt really good. I was pretty surprised when I got down there. Best group at that distance I've ever shot. Getting pumped for deer season this year. A little over 4 months of nothing but doe days this year and they set that for most of the state. 12 total with no more than 2 bucks. They're really trying to get the population under control. I'll be sure to do my part.

1691705323403.jpeg

It's actually in 3 weeks down here in GA.. currently hot as bawls tho so not sure I'll be going out much
Sept. 15th here, stopped using a bow in 2010, went to a crossbow. It's usually too hot for me during bow season and I just get out early mornings and back out of the woods just 1.5 hours after sunrise most days with rare not so hot days staying out till lunch. You must be in excellent physical shape to pull a 70lb bow and shoot groups like that, I found for myself when I started that 55lb draw was what I could do consistently and accurately, these days I could never do that. Getting older sucks. It took me two years of bow hunting to get my first deer with a bow. Still remember my first bow season opening day, 10 minutes or so before sunrise, and watching my arrow turn up and fly into the short thick pines. Deer was only 17 yards perfectly broadside, frozen still looking into the thick pines where a bird had just made a lot of noise landing in them. I drew, took my time and let the arrow fly just like I shot a target. After the shot I saw a small vine swinging, cut by the broadhead not 10 feet in front of me, it may have been slightly bigger than 1/8" thick. So focused on the target I didn't see it in my line of sight. To add insult to injury, never did find the arrow.

Reactions: Adam