• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Groundhog final boss defeated!

Today was the day, I finally got a shot opportunity on the groundhog that's been eluding me for the past couple of weeks. He's been SUPER skittish, running away before I could attempt a shot. I think he's the last one remaining as I've taken out the rest of his tribe over the past 4-5 weeks. He was the biggest of them all, and probably the smartest since he's so easily spooked. I'd dubbed him the "final boss".

His luck ran out today. I had been working on my garden as it was approaching dusk and I just happened to catch a glimpse of something brown in the corner of my backyard. As soon as I fixated on what it was and noticed it was him, he took off running. So I went inside and grabbed my 22 caliber Maverick and posted up on my deck behind some cover. I only had to wait about 10min before he made the mistake of coming back. He took a 25.4gr FX pellet at 950fps to the dome from 35yds and he dropped instantly, not even a flinch. I found that strange, typically I get some form of twitching, so I decided to pump another in him to be sure. Groundhogs are my swarn enemy so I wasn't going to take the chance. Right before I was going to squeeze off the second round he sprung into the death dance. About 10sec had gone by since the first impact. I'd never seen that before. Since I already had a round chambered I put the second one into him just to be safe, I wasn't going to risk him getting away. What a great way to end the weekend!

20220821_195746.jpg