Ground Squirrels take a hit today.

Got in 236 rounds off, 12 mags full and 2 tsnks of air. Windy this morning but lower this afternoon and real light by 5 o'clock. And I think I have a buddie, shot several small ones on a mound and the hawk was back hauling one off to feed then back as I shot a couple more on the mound, dining there 40 yards away one one then taking another for dessert. Wife read part of a book between pointing out likely targets and even got one with the pistol about 15 yards. Do you know how small they look in a red dot with 1x? After I get home I just may need to order more ammo, tuff life this seclusion. I must admit living in a 8'x30' box and not able to resturant it is getting old.

If air gun I got in another 236 rounds, 12 mags in the crown. To day the wind was up and the number of pesters with RF and CF and I go to more less used space and so with these factors it was a little over 100 rounds in 5 hours out and about. Crops are from 0 to 5" the babies are up. If the wind stays down it good shooting with it up 40 yard shots get 2-4 hold and quartering front or rear is a challenge. Oh watering has started and this reduces shooting area.

Ok today rain most of the night and morning. Got out at 2:00 and had an outrageous 4 hours of shooting. 360 rounds and went off the regulator 2 times got as many as 5 rounds a minute. The sabre tooth sage rats were attacking in force. Shots were from 10 to over a 100 yards. No I didnt get 300 kills but not far off with a few doubles or triples in the mix. Can't say enough good about my splotter wife. I think she is really getting into this pesting. Got the pistol full and the Crown and adding to the tank. Hope this small Chinese compressor keeps up.

Ok update on my quarantine hunt last days have been 250 round plus or minus. Some sun some rain showers, just wait them out. Averaging 5 hours pesting a day. Targets are plentiful at reasonable ranges. Have turned down many target's to conserver ammo as I only so munch with me and I'm at day 27 with 2 rain outs. Stpped and counted potential targets a couple times and easily got to 12. Alfalfa is growing fast and up to 6", so targets have hiding space. Lots of babies and teens, not as many adults but they look like elephants when they do pop up. Well time to go to work LOL.

Hi Len, my buddy Bob and I were out on Thursday and Friday. We saw you shooting on Friday up by the feed lot. We were shooting our 17HMR's and HM2's and had a couple of great days. We estimated we shot over 1000 squirrels in those two days and as you are aware we didn't event put a dent in the population. It looks like your timing to leave is about perfect, I estimate there are probably only 2 or 3 days left to shoot before the alfalfa is tall enough to hide the squirrels completely, cutting the hunting area down quite a bit. You ended up with a great time to isolate in C'Ville as this year has one of the best crops of squirrels in about 3 or 4 years. Your Crown's were the perfect choice for weapons as you had enough firepower to buck the wind.

Have a safe trip back o Washingon
Jim in Sacramento

Well last day is history. 300 rounds and I think I shot 3400 rounds but I maybe low a 1000. I cant remember if I had 2000 or 1500 each of JSB 18.13s and Hades. Does it matter, best quarantine I've ever been on. Big thanks to my wife out everyday with me. Man what a spotter.

Jim you are so right, another day or two and it's going to be tuff seeing them. It is amazing how fast those babies turn to midsized teens.