• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ground Squirrel + RTI Performance Compact

Great day out here on my permission cutting easy firewood and I got a full truckload and about five ground squirrel to the show for it and some bloody messes.

20210720_152712.1626820365.jpg

@mikehunt, my Bantam has proven over time to be reliable and wickedly deadly, that said the RTI Performance Compact is on my short list. So please keep your impressions coming.

I emailed Rob at RTI and he said, as you may have heard already, that the RTIPPC was sent from the factory with the regulator set 150bar because they primarily intended for that tool to shoot 18 and / or 25 grain pellets. It shot 18gr at 970fps from the factory so that setting had room for the 25grain I believe.

I am shooting 15.9gr, 130bar regulator at 912fps with awesome accuracy, on paper, feathers and fur, out to 50yards. The pellet shortage is a b i t c h but I got some AIr Arms 18gr unfortunately my compressor blew the burst disc so I am on AIR CONSERVATION until a new burst disc arrives and I can turn up the reg to balance hammer spring and reg to shoot the 18gr.

The 16gr are deadly and it likes Predator Poly Mags so I may just leave it at 130bar, not sure. I get so many shots that haven't measured shot count. Just having fun with it.

At 25.75" OAL it's gotta be one of the deadliest, at least that I've actually seen and shot.

@L.Leon,

The ONLY difference that was of any concern to me, between my Taipan VL and the RTI, was the cocking mechanism and I am accustomed to that now and feel comfortable with it.

The Taipan is direct and short versus the RTI which uses an actuation lever / arm to compress the hammer spring. The HS on the RTI is probably pretty heavy so that and the added linkage makes it a different feel, not better and not worse, just different.

Seems like I won the Barrel Lottery on this one but I need a proper day to print paper, can be boring and stressful, but I will post groups eventually.

Mike,

I care….lol. I just posted a thread in the PCP discussion about the PPC and the Uragan compact....and the standard versions. I'm torn between the 2 and then I think I should get a standard version for the long yardage stuff. But I saw a YT video of a guy shooting 1,2, and 3 inch spinners with the PPC no problem( I think it was something like SCreviews or something like that). I love compact bottle guns and the PPC is a nice shorty that is totally adjustable (even though I've never tinkered before) Price for the Uragan is a little less but it's also harder to tune I've heard. Then the Kalibr bottle gun comes in to the picture...Airgun channel did a YT review and that thing showed great accuracy too...………...I know someone will say....just get all 3! It's nice to hear from owners. BTW I'm looking at .25 but the Uragan compact is only .177 and .22 if I'm not mistaken, I guess that's another plus for the Prophet!

Mike,

I care….lol. I just posted a thread in the PCP discussion about the PPC and the Uragan compact....and the standard versions. I'm torn between the 2 and then I think I should get a standard version for the long yardage stuff. But I saw a YT video of a guy shooting 1,2, and 3 inch spinners with the PPC no problem( I think it was something like SCreviews or something like that). I love compact bottle guns and the PPC is a nice shorty that is totally adjustable (even though I've never tinkered before) Price for the Uragan is a little less but it's also harder to tune I've heard. Then the Kalibr bottle gun comes in to the picture...Airgun channel did a YT review and that thing showed great accuracy too...………...I know someone will say....just get all 3! It's nice to hear from owners. BTW I'm looking at .25 but the Uragan compact is only .177 and .22 if I'm not mistaken, I guess that's another plus for the Prophet!

Howdy goldfinger. I know it's tough because it's a LOT OF DINERO. Pretty sure I've watched all of the PPC videos and took the plunge and now I am glad I did. Wanted a compact and almost bought the HW 100 Bullpup Carbine and I am sure its a great piece of hardware but I GLAD I didn't.

Just bought two magazines from Orion Hunter ...https://orioniguanahunter.com/collections/rti/products/rti-magazines and a single shot tray as well.

Good Luck Man!