Great Shooting at AAFTA Field Target Nationals

thomasair

Manufacturer
Nov 6, 2016
Colorado, United States
The AAFTA Field Target Nationals took place last weekend under some damp and less than desirable conditions.

Bill Rabbitt led the Hunter division both days and came away with the win and the High Overall score for the match of 112/120.

Greg Sauve also led wire to wire in WFTF and racked up his 8th National championship with a 110/120.

Zachary Loesser took first in the Limited Pistol division with a very solid 36/40.

These guys are dedicated individuals that put in the work it takes to be at the top of the sport. I thank them for their tremendous effort and also for relying on Thomas Air rifles to support their relentless quest to be the best.

Mike

Greg Sauve, Bill Rabbitt, and Zach Loesser

IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_1760.jpeg
IMG_7371.jpeg

The different colors you offer reminds me of the old 1970's Schwinn Stingray bicycles.
Bill's being the Orange Krate. These were the coolest bicycle's a kid could have back then.
I had a Apple Krate that I got for Christmas and there was a Lemon Peel Schwinn offering too.
Edit - they did offer a Grape Krate later on after all.- purple is my favorite color and grape is my favorite sweet taste.
1698075376479.jpeg

Mike, I suppose you should be congratulated as well for building such a cool and amazing gun! I was at a Steel Challenge pistol match this weekend and got to talking about airguns with a guy. I happened to have Purple Reign in the truck so I showed it to him and he was quite astounded.

Last edited:
The different colors you offer reminds me of the old 1970's Schwinn Stingray bicycles.
Bill's being the Orange Krate. These were the coolest bicycle's a kid could have back then.
I had a Apple Krate that I got for Christmas and there was a Lemon Peel Schwinn offering too.
Edit - they did offer a Grape Krate later on after all.
View attachment 399278

Mike, I suppose you should be congratulated as well for building such a cool and amazing gun! I was at a Steel Challenge pistol match this weekend and got to talking about airguns with a guy. I happened to have Purple Reign in the truck so I showed it to him and he was quite astounded.

Steve, I can remember seeing a couple of the Krates around once in a while in peoples garages while I was growing up in the Schwinn “Scrambler” era. The Krates were already cherished enough to be put away and kept from us aspiring bmxers that might not respect them.

I actually am laughing so hard as I write this that my wife is trying to figure out what is wrong with me.

My best friends mom and her sisters were having a garage sale and we were poking around through the stuff. There was this 3 speed woman’s bike with that was for sale. I had no real interest in the bike, but decided to put it through its paces with a few wheelies and jumps. I cranked her up to top speed and got some decent air over a big tree root in the front yard a few times. Upon the third landing…the thumb shifter broke free from the handlebar and swung down into the front wheel…swiftly removing most of the spokes and sending me over said bars. I got skinned up pretty good, but the worst of it was that I had to buy the bike from my friends aunt for the full 12$ asking. I tried to reason that the bike was faulty and not worth such a hefty price, but she wasn’t having any of it and seemed very happy with herself in making such a sale. I think she also enjoyed the liberal dosing of mercurochrome to my wounds. Lol …sorry, I’m still laughing.

These guy’s are Awesome!, I have great respect for anyone shooting in these competitions! my first introduction to a Thomas was the FT, a gentleman sitting next to me at a BR match was using one, and kicked everyone’s butt! My goal next yr. Will be to start shooting HFT.
I really have to work all the overtime I can, I have two more Thomas rifles to buy a HP and a FT!

Last edited:
Reactions: thomasair
These guy’s are Awesome!, I have great respect for anyone shooting in these competitions! my first introduction to a Thomas was the FT, a gentleman sitting next to me at a BR match was using one, and kicked everyone’s butt! My goal next yr. Will be to start shooting HFT.
Its an absolute blast. I went to my first match in September to watch. I was told that I was shooting if I stayed and was handed an S510XS. I was hooked. Its a great community. To me aafta hft is far more fun than BR. Hopefully you have some fields in your area that host matches. If you are able, winter time is a great time to get your rifle setup and to practice seating and getting used to it. You don't need to spend a ton on a rifle or optics to get going. A guy was using an avenge x with an athlon argos g2 scope and shot a 44 with it. Its all about knowing your equipment, ranging well, and reading the wind as needed.

The AAFTA Field Target Nationals took place last weekend under some damp and less than desirable conditions.

Bill Rabbitt led the Hunter division both days and came away with the win and the High Overall score for the match of 112/120.

Greg Sauve also led wire to wire in WFTF and racked up his 8th National championship with a 110/120.

Zachary Loesser took first in the Limited Pistol division with a very solid 36/40.

These guys are dedicated individuals that put in the work it takes to be at the top of the sport. I thank them for their tremendous effort and also for relying on Thomas Air rifles to support their relentless quest to be the best.

Mike

Greg Sauve, Bill Rabbitt, and Zach Loesser

View attachment 398447View attachment 398448View attachment 398449
Great shooting guys.....BC