Great news... JSB has new offerings coming your way!!!

Wow, that sucks... So, you sort like Mike N, in that you try different lots until you get one that shoots well in your gun? When you find a good lot, do you still sort by size or weight? Good luck this coming year, Merry Christmas, and we hope to see you at EBR in October 2024.
you could probably offer them to others of us who target shoot or plink.. but I don't know how it works out as far as getting your money back and shipping them again.. unless you got big lots at a discount price when you ordered..
I shoot 22 only so far..
Mark

Reactions: jeffhernandez
Wow, that sucks... So, you sort like Mike N, in that you try different lots until you get one that shoots well in your gun? When you find a good lot, do you still sort by size or weight? Good luck this coming year, Merry Christmas, and we hope to see you at EBR in October 2024.
Yes it really is hard for me.
I usted to order 12 tins at a time and then moved to 20 trying to get a full sleeve from same batch. That sometimes happened and other times did received mixed batches.
I take every tin and try them, if the gun likes it I use it, if not those are discarded. Have a few boxes full of tins and not able to resell because I am the only one that uses the MRD in my country.
I am glad jsb has something new coming.
Just for an event I weight them and take all from 25.2 to 25.6 so I don't spend too much time sorting. I try to see any defects on head or tail.
Happy Holidays and see you next year.

Reactions: Centercut
Yes it really is hard for me.
I usted to order 12 tins at a time and then moved to 20 trying to get a full sleeve from same batch. That sometimes happened and other times did received mixed batches.
I take every tin and try them, if the gun likes it I use it, if not those are discarded. Have a few boxes full of tins and not able to resell because I am the only one that uses the MRD in my country.
I am glad jsb has something new coming.
Just for an event I weight them and take all from 25.2 to 25.6 so I don't spend too much time sorting. I try to see any defects on head or tail.
Happy Holidays and see you next year.
looks like you are in Florida.. I'm in Oregon..do you shoot 22 rdm? depending on how much it cost, I'd be interested in buying them for plinking..
just wondering and asking as it might make the best of the situation..
please PM me if you want to figure out details.. assuming that you have 22 caliber.. although I am considering adding a 30 caliber to the collection hopefully next year..
mark

I thank JTS and Zan for pushing JSB to do more. Competition is healthy.

Agree.

From a timing standpoint, I don’t think it is a coincidence that we are seeing new offerings from JSB ( shallow and deep cavity .22 25.39g, new .22 28g Grand pellet); to compete with ZAN, JTS, et.al. Competition for making higher quality ammo in the AG space is welcome.

looks like you are in Florida.. I'm in Oregon..do you shoot 22 rdm? depending on how much it cost, I'd be interested in buying them for plinking..
just wondering and asking as it might make the best of the situation..
please PM me if you want to figure out details.. assuming that you have 22 caliber.. although I am considering adding a 30 caliber to the collection hopefully next year..
mark
Thank you Mark
I am all the way down in Panama,Central America.
Not possible to ship due to cost.
Appreciate it.

Jeff.

Reactions: markhooper
Thank you Mark
I am all the way down in Panama,Central America.
Not possible to ship due to cost.
Appreciate it.

Jeff.
well if you ever get up this way for a match or something.. I'd be interested in buying them, although I don't know if you can even bring them across the boarder.. things have gotten harder.. just read yesterday that a air gun was ordered from Wes at airgun archery fun in Canada and it got turned around at the boarder and sent back.. and he's a airgun dealer??
I'd really like to buy the mustang lobo lever action from Spain but I can't find any importer or dealer.. and you can order directly from the manufacturer but they don't ship to America 😔
Mark

Reactions: jeffhernandez
While I doubt I will seriously consider the 10.03 KO slugs as a permanent projectile in my 15 fpe springer…I found out just how lethal they are on sparrows at closer distances. Absolute carnage compared to a domed pellet…makes you wonder what they would do to pigeons in the barn…hmmm
I would say there is nothing like a flatheaded matchpellet on game in generel. The 10grain projectile will ofcouse have advantage further out.

I believe to much is blamed on bent skirts, I’ve purposely bent skirts from pellets my gun likes and they didn’t shoot any worse than normal pellets out of the tin. (I didn’t crush or mangle them!)

I want to quantify this was at 25m where I normally test different lot #’s for Competition. Plus I honestly know what is a flyer or was a condition misread.

Flip side is I don’t own a .22 anymore!
Just rereading this post, having the time as most family that was to visit has some ailmant or another round of COVID . As for me(The cheapskate I am ), I don't toss bent skirts . I don't sort or size either , I want to shoot ! When I come across a bent pellet when loading I just take another pellet and push the nose into the skirt to reshape it . With the rising cost of ALL shooting supplies today , I just can't toss out any possible shots . IF there was a manually operated pellet sizer / skirt " shaper " such as a PB reloading press , I'd probably have one ( w/ auto feed of course ) .

agula without doubt.. because they are it appears cast so poorly that they have protrusion on the side sticking out.. not dents..
CCI on the other hand makes good ones.. I just saw the price, couldn't find CCI and took the bait.. but I won't blame dented products on the manufacturer.. just imagine trying to force something that has a projection on one side and less power than a rws 48 pushing it and then you can imagine how it is not possible to fly straight..
I don't plan on buying from them again.. stick with CCI or federal.. but these were not damaged at all.. just plainly to see in person, without even my glasses on and I can't see without my glasses on well enough to get a screwdriver in the screw.. it's plain to see and feel.. now if it was bent, dent or damage.. that's likely on the shipping.. but extra in places where it's not supposed to be, I just don't see shipping damage.. also looks under a magnifying glass like it's cast and sprues sticking out one side more than the other.. and they are fairly hard.. might not be bad in a rifle with leverage to chamber but definitely not good for the single six..
Mark
I bought 3 different types of Auigla 22 lr ammo, own ruger mk I ,mkll target, Volquartsen scorpion, smith revolver,cz 455 ,marlin lever, Remington pump, their casing gets stuck in chamber after firing in every one of these guns, could not believe how bad they are,had to use a mallet to get them out of the revolver,cleaning rods on all the other guns , couldn’t say how accurate the are cause Im not wasting time trying to shoot them. I started shooting SK that’s what my target pistols like best,then federal automach

These types of posts always follow the same path. The announcement is posted, and most subsequent posts are a litany of wishes for what was not announced. Unfortunately, JSB is not the make a wish foundation.
I myself will be happy if JSB can produce the same time-tested weights of pellets they have produced in the past, of higher quality and in the case of the 25.39gr Monster Re-designed pellet in .22, without mixing shallow and deep skirts in the same tin.
When I saw the post, I was so hopeful I ordered an RTI Prophet Performance 2.1 in .22 caliber. The belief that quality pellets are on the way re-kindled my interest in the caliber for more than just hunting.

I bought 3 different types of Auigla 22 lr ammo, own ruger mk I ,mkll target, Volquartsen scorpion, smith revolver,cz 455 ,marlin lever, Remington pump, their casing gets stuck in chamber after firing in every one of these guns, could not believe how bad they are,had to use a mallet to get them out of the revolver,cleaning rods on all the other guns , couldn’t say how accurate the are cause Im not wasting time trying to shoot them. I started shooting SK that’s what my target pistols like best,then federal automach
Have you tried the various offerings from Eley?
A popular choice at NRL22 events.

Has anyone got their hands on these new JSB's?
I thought Id hear more chatter about these, but perhaps its too soon?
Anyone?

Would really like to have seen the .177 KnockOut Slugs in 20 gr. enter the market!
Or see improvements MK2 / MK3 made to 10 grain, also become a thing for 13 grain, and even heavier weights, even if as it is right now i can not get my slug shooter to shoot 16 - 20 grain good.
I dont get the 10 grain fab, but maybe they are very popular elsewhere, but i dont know any .177 slug shooters that shoot 10 grain, it is always 13 or heavier.
And we Danes locked most often to .177 shoot a lot of slugs.

In season i shoot around 2400 - 3000 13 gr slugs a month, but very few of them JSB as Zan work better for me.

Reactions: ZAN
Anyone still curious about the sluggets/pellugs Fx announced some 18 months ago?
I more and more doubt the whole thing... I would not be surprised if they made a statement saying "we're very sorry, but we can't get them to work after all"....
So I'm definitely NOT saying goodbye to pellets Frederick, ever so sorry!

I ordered 10 tins of MRD's on Black Friday, but they were out of stock, so now I'm promised 5 tins of both MRD Shallow and Deep.
Supposedly available third week of February. I'll just wait and see..
At least they'll be available in Big Tins, that's something.

But I must admit, I'm kinda excited over the Monster Hades pellets... A 9 grain increase in weight can only be very promising! Rodent Smackaroo, I say! :)

For a few years I was a big fan of the redesigned. Last year I purchased 20 tins. So disappointed.

These latest pellets honestly put a smile on my face. Hopefully happy times ahead.
Ideally I need to give them a test out to 100m or so, weather permitting.

Different barrels are preferring either the deep or shallow version. Something I'm still scratching my head about.

At least in the future we will have a choice of redesigned design. 😉 Sorry couldn't help but say that.

Just for clarification, I have no connection with JSB, simply a shooter that asked JSB a question about redesigned, then got some latest batches to test.

Fingers crossed that all that arrive in stores are as good as my test samples.

Hopefully they arrive in the EU stores soon, I want to do some BC calculations. Yes, I need some more 🙂
USA delivery early next year.

Now I'm still wondering what to do with the 19 tins of last year's redesigned.
Melt them and sell a brick of lead!