Great news... JSB has new offerings coming your way!!!

I doubt the bent skirts are a jsb problem, but a shipping issue after the distributor and retailer. The deep skirt cavity pellets that shoot better will not be any better if the down line doesn't take better care of them. I don't bother buying any pellets from Zan because by the time I get them they are destroyed in travel. Pyramyd seems to be able to get them to me in good shape.

Mike
The tins that I've bought were from Trenier and Pyramyd and were packed extremely well. The tins themselves looked pristine yet the pellets inside the tins had a large percentage of bent skirts. Some tins are definitely better than others. My last tin was horrible though - I threw out between 10 - 20% of the pellets because the skirts were bent so bad.

• Wow
Reactions: tibor
The point is that it's doubtful that JSB packed up damaged pellets. It's an awful long way from there to the distributor....then the retailer...then to you.

Assessing the blame to JSB is probably misplaced.

Mike
It just seems odd that these are the only pellets that I've bought over the last year or so that have had this issue with the bent skirts. Maybe it was one bad batch that got beat to heck on the way here and its been in the distribution channel for awhile???

In any case, I'm still looking forward to the new offerings, and I think it's cool for JSB to offer these 2 skirt options.

Assessing the blame to JSB is probably misplaced.
Indeed

We could get idiot and crash proof pellet packings, but you would not like the price of your ammo then.

2 things.

1: i am glad i an not a competitive shooter.
2: why no one haven't made a automated pellet sorter ( head size ) is beyond me, i would buy one if there was such a thing, and i am a slug whore

It just seems odd that these are the only pellets that I've bought over the last year or so that have had this issue with the bent skirts. Maybe it was one bad batch that got beat to heck on the way here and its been in the distribution channel for awhile???

In any case, I'm still looking forward to the new offerings, and I think it's cool for JSB to offer these 2 skirt options.
maybe they dropped a container when offloading 🫣.. lots of moving between the factory and here.. would be nice to have a automatic sorter as last step and while at it a sizer and to push it through the sizer do it by the base and straighten the skirt and base.. then we'd have match grade pellets..

Indeed

We could get idiot and crash proof pellet packings, but you would not like the price of your ammo then.

2 things.

1: i am glad i an not a competitive shooter.
2: why no one haven't made a automated pellet sorter ( head size ) is beyond me, i would buy one if there was such a thing, and i am a slug whore
years ago I remember pellet sizers.. I don't remember how they worked other than you bought whatever die size you need for your rifle.. they were probably manual like a reloading press but I did read that they made it all more accurate.. you'd think we could get a motor driven one.. by now.. since I was reading about them 30+ years ago.. but at today's prices.. it would probably be cheaper to throw away half the pellets and just use the good ones..
I don't think I have any so far that were bent but I'd just save them for plinking..
on the other hand I got a brick of 22 LR agula colibri and they are so bad half don't drop in the chamber without a lot of force and anything past 10 meters looks like a shotgun pattern..
for those who don't know.. the colibri is basically the old flobart cartridge.. primer and no powder and yes the slug is if I remember correctly lighter than the crossman premier round nose 22 pellets..
bought them for quiet pistol shooting since I haven't been able to get a 22 PCP pistol.. but it was a bad idea..
I don't imagine a damaged pellet shooting much worse..
Mark

Reactions: Airgun Al

If youve ever worked for Fed Ex, USPS, or UPS, youd understand!
Especially this time of year (Christmas rush).
Their automated machines move millions of packages, large and small, at a alarming fast and accurate pace.
A retailer can pack them unusually well, to the best of their abaility, with an abudance of firm foam, double boxes, and still suffer interior damage.
It happens to all brands occasionally, unfortunately.
Usually, packages have a $100 insurance policy.
Open 1 tin, see damage, stop and file claim, might be a good policy, to advoid getting stuck with a large amount of damaged product.
Blaming JSB is indeed misplaced, in my opinion.

Reactions: markhooper
years ago I remember pellet sizers.. I don't remember how they worked other than you bought whatever die size you need for your rifle.. they were probably manual like a reloading press but I did read that they made it all more accurate.. you'd think we could get a motor driven one.. by now.. since I was reading about them 30+ years ago.. but at today's prices.. it would probably be cheaper to throw away half the pellets and just use the good ones..
I don't think I have any so far that were bent but I'd just save them for plinking..
on the other hand I got a brick of 22 LR agula colibri and they are so bad half don't drop in the chamber without a lot of force and anything past 10 meters looks like a shotgun pattern..
for those who don't know.. the colibri is basically the old flobart cartridge.. primer and no powder and yes the slug is if I remember correctly lighter than the crossman premier round nose 22 pellets..
bought them for quiet pistol shooting since I haven't been able to get a 22 PCP pistol.. but it was a bad idea..
I don't imagine a damaged pellet shooting much worse..
Mark
The real question is....
Do you blame Agula, or the shipper?
I hate ordering/shipping this time of year, due to the large amount of packages that get shipped, but....
I found some CCI QUIET Semi-auto on sale, for my 10/22, and I ordered.
My fingers are crossed, (due to the Christmas rush), that they arrive safely, and without damage.

The real question is....
Do you blame Agula, or the shipper?
I hate ordering/shipping this time of year, due to the large amount of packages that get shipped, but....
I found some CCI QUIET Semi-auto on sale, for my 10/22, and I ordered.
My fingers are crossed, (due to the Christmas rush), that they arrive safely, and without damage.
agula without doubt.. because they are it appears cast so poorly that they have protrusion on the side sticking out.. not dents..
CCI on the other hand makes good ones.. I just saw the price, couldn't find CCI and took the bait.. but I won't blame dented products on the manufacturer.. just imagine trying to force something that has a projection on one side and less power than a rws 48 pushing it and then you can imagine how it is not possible to fly straight..
I don't plan on buying from them again.. stick with CCI or federal.. but these were not damaged at all.. just plainly to see in person, without even my glasses on and I can't see without my glasses on well enough to get a screwdriver in the screw.. it's plain to see and feel.. now if it was bent, dent or damage.. that's likely on the shipping.. but extra in places where it's not supposed to be, I just don't see shipping damage.. also looks under a magnifying glass like it's cast and sprues sticking out one side more than the other.. and they are fairly hard.. might not be bad in a rifle with leverage to chamber but definitely not good for the single six..
Mark

Reactions: Airgun Al
I believe to much is blamed on bent skirts, I’ve purposely bent skirts from pellets my gun likes and they didn’t shoot any worse than normal pellets out of the tin. (I didn’t crush or mangle them!)

I want to quantify this was at 25m where I normally test different lot #’s for Competition. Plus I honestly know what is a flyer or was a condition misread.

Flip side is I don’t own a .22 anymore!

Reactions: Contndr35BB
For years I was buying the MRDs in batches of ten tins. And then I learned what a nightmare is a head sorting. To minimize the damage I decided for re-sizing, and nomore worry about bad pellets. Still something wrong with COG with these things, so a bigger collection of TRs was needed, so ended up with a decent number of liners now.
This game never ends as I see it ;)

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I believe to much is blamed on bent skirts, I’ve purposely bent skirts from pellets my gun likes and they didn’t shoot any worse than normal pellets out of the tin. (I didn’t crush or mangle them!)

I want to quantify this was at 25m where I normally test different lot #’s for Competition. Plus I honestly know what is a flyer or was a condition misread.

Flip side is I don’t own a .22 anymore!
just curious, what caliber do you use? 177?
I've stayed with 22.. 177is a bit small to handle with carpal tunnel and it seems to be affected by the wind more.. been thinking about hopefully next year trying the umarex gauntlet SL 30 caliber.. I prefer the side lever over bolt and I was happy to see they made it available..
I sure wish I could find a USA dealer or importer to get the mustang lobo.. as I prefer cowboy guns.. and I'd like to match it with the huben gk1 pistol.. but it's a lot of money..
Mark

19 tins is ok.
I have more than 100 tins that I can't shoot because those are not good.
I hope they make the right step this time.
Wow, that sucks... So, you sort like Mike N, in that you try different lots until you get one that shoots well in your gun? When you find a good lot, do you still sort by size or weight? Good luck this coming year, Merry Christmas, and we hope to see you at EBR in October 2024.