Great Discount at German Precision Optics

If anyone is in the market for a great scope that is priced reasonably , check out the GPO website. At the bottom of the web page there is a section for demo products.
They have 3 designations for demo products : A = like new never mounted / used.........20% off. B slight signs of use 30% off and C heavier use / slight ring marks ECT. 40% off.
Right now they are offering an extra 10% off with the code : DEMO10. Too good of a deal for me to pass up on. I have one inbound , which makes my second GPO scope.
Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone in the market for some new glass... PS all of their demo scopes have the same lifetime warranty as their new products.
I have no dog in this fight other than being impressed with the brand quality.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 10.23.32.png

Reactions: Nutcracker
I’ve been wondering who makes these scopes. I’ve only seen these for sale on CameraLandNY’s site that I can recall. I know nothing about these scopes. Who has used these scopes? Which brands are German Precision scopes comparable to?

@grackleblast I don’t mean to try to derail your thread, but this is the first AGN post I can recall reading mentioning this brand. I’ve been wondering about them for a while. How long have you owned one of these?

German Precision Optics USA

German Precision Optics

I’ve been wondering who makes these scopes. I’ve only seen these for sale on CameraLandNY’s site that I can recall. I know nothing about these scopes. Who has used these scopes? Which brands are German Precision scopes comparable to?

@grackleblast I don’t mean to try to derail your thread, but this is the first AGN post I can recall reading mentioning this brand. I’ve been wondering about them for a while. How long have you owned one of these?

German Precision Optics USA

German Precision Optics

Cyclops has viewed GPO in the past. I believe a couple of the owners defected from Ziess and started the company. Make no mistake, they make quality glass.

I did go over to their demo page. Looks like the list was pretty depleted. I'm guessing the demo page is like AoA's used page and gets changed every so often

My shooting buddy bought one last year. I have looked through it of course and find that the glass is excellent.
From his investigation (it's not forthcoming on the website) he called and verified that the glass is German and the scopes are made in China (where else?!).
His is a FFP with a 56mm (I believe) objective.

Mike

I preordered the GPO Centuri Super Compact 3-12x44i SFP and the Centuri Super Compact 4-16x44i FFP from CameraLand. Both scopes are 10 inches long and less than 20 oz. They have SF with 10-yard parallax; I might be able to live with that. ⠀ I have tried several FFP scopes over the years and never really took a liking to them, so I figured it was time to try one more before giving up on them.

Reactions: grackleblast
Here is the latest addition . Spectra 8 x 2 - 16 x 44 second focal plane. The glass is incredible . At almost 68 years old , good glass is very important to me and where I tend to spend more money to get it. The difference is how much magnification that you have to use to accomplish your goals. This scope , I shoot 50 yards @ 10X whereas some other scopes need 18 - 20 x for the same clarity. I think the GPO scopes are highly underrated as well as Meopta . So what I'm saying get them while they're a bargain cause they will probably cost more when shooters figure this out. My story and I'm stickin' with it.

KIMG4345.JPG
KIMG4347.JPG
KIMG4346.JPG

Nice, agree seeing clearly is worth the cost IMO. I almost ordered that one, as it is in stock. But decided on the shorties. Yes, agree, Meopta is another great scope. I actual have a 6x18x50 MeoPro on the way now. New Now 375.00, they used to be 800. We live in good times for getting great scopes. Long gone are the day of the V22 Weaver,LOL.

Here is the latest addition . Spectra 8 x 2 - 16 x 44 second focal plane. The glass is incredible . At almost 68 years old , good glass is very important to me and where I tend to spend more money to get it. The difference is how much magnification that you have to use to accomplish your goals. This scope , I shoot 50 yards @ 10X whereas some other scopes need 18 - 20 x for the same clarity. I think the GPO scopes are highly underrated as well as Meopta . So what I'm saying get them while they're a bargain cause they will probably cost more when shooters figure this out. My story and I'm stickin' with it.

View attachment 452300View attachment 452301View attachment 452302
Bonus points for putting that scope on a Taipan!!

• Love