GREAT DEAL ON VOGEL WADCUTTER .177 PELLETS

Nation, 

Check out the Vogel website, they have decent, not match quality, but great plinking and practice ammo.

They are offering 6000 bulk wadcutter pellets for $55, not including shipping. I priced 12 tins of their Match ammo, and they come out to $135. I've used these before, I need to restock myself. Best wadcutter I've tried in a Steyr LP 10 compact.

Vogel used to be sold and affiliated with Pilkington Guns in Meagle, TN, but moved their whole operation to Colorado, buying Vogels machinery in Germany, and getting new machines and tooling.

Highly recommended. 

https://vogelusa.com/pellets.html

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Mike,

I believe all they do is .177 for the air rifle and air pistol competition market. I've used these in the past in my Steyr LP 10 Compact, and they beat anything I've ever shot. I have 12,000 of their bulk pellets, and 6000 of their Match pellets on the way. My dumbass has to get his eyes checked, but I should be good soon........

Tom Holland 

Field Target Tech 

Fieldtargettech.com 

Does anyone use these for short range (25-35) yard small game hunting?

I've shot a few gophers with wadcutters out of my pistols but that is the limit of my experience with them on live animals. Seems I've read where others say they have had very good results with them on small game. Seems Vogel is still making pellets-I ordered a couple of these bulk lots earlier this morning when there were 3 "available" and a few minutes ago there were 5 "available".

Tom, Just a little heads up, I used to love the quality if the Vogel Match Pellets that came from Tennessee and had bought them many times at Camp Perry when visiting there to shoot in the indoor range on the open Thursday evenings. This summer I was running low during the Covid shut down as I was shooting a lot in the basement and decided to order a sleeve of them from the CMP via the web store. About a week later I received them and was excited to see they had new packaging which included a screw top tin with totally encased foam lining!! and that they had a new owner and were made in Colorado?? OH BOY!! I thought they might even be might be better quality than the originals I thought!!!! but when I opened the tin I found the pellets to be of MUCH lesser quality than the ones made on Tennessee, they have heavy parting lines and the surface finish is very rough compared to the old ones but I thought oh well it's only ten meters how bad could they be!! I shot about forty or fifty pellets and even considering my mediocre shooting I could see that they were shooting pretty poorly so I thought well, It may be me and all in my head so I set up on the bench and shot groups with all three of my high end 10 meter rifles and I can assure you they ain't what they used to be!! Groups with the old ones were one tiny hole as it should be and the new ones were in about 3/8" groups out of the FWB and the Walther with the Crosman Challenger shooting them a bit better. I called the CMP store to try to return them but never got a return call as they were out of the store because of the Pandemic. I have given some of them away to kids to shoot and to some folks that don't shoot well enough to know the difference as It's not worth fighting to get my money back in my opinion but I will not be buying any more of them!! Darned shame as they used to be a great buy for the price in my opinion!! Not trying to bad mouth only Just a word of caution, Your findings may be different than mine, Take care, Hope to see you at a shoot somewhere this coming summer!! J.L.

Tom, Just a little heads up, I used to love the quality if the Vogel Match Pellets that came from Tennessee and had bought them many times at Camp Perry when visiting there to shoot in the indoor range on the open Thursday evenings. This summer I was running low during the Covid shut down as I was shooting a lot in the basement and decided to order a sleeve of them from the CMP via the web store. About a week later I received them and was excited to see they had new packaging which included a screw top tin with totally encased foam lining!! and that they had a new owner and were made in Colorado?? OH BOY!! I thought they might even be might be better quality than the originals I thought!!!! but when I opened the tin I found the pellets to be of MUCH lesser quality than the ones made on Tennessee, they have heavy parting lines and the surface finish is very rough compared to the old ones but I thought oh well it's only ten meters how bad could they be!! I shot about forty or fifty pellets and even considering my mediocre shooting I could see that they were shooting pretty poorly so I thought well, It may be me and all in my head so I set up on the bench and shot groups with all three of my high end 10 meter rifles and I can assure you they ain't what they used to be!! Groups with the old ones were one tiny hole as it should be and the new ones were in about 3/8" groups out of the FWB and the Walther with the Crosman Challenger shooting them a bit better. I called the CMP store to try to return them but never got a return call as they were out of the store because of the Pandemic. I have given some of them away to kids to shoot and to some folks that don't shoot well enough to know the difference as It's not worth fighting to get my money back in my opinion but I will not be buying any more of them!! Darned shame as they used to be a great buy for the price in my opinion!! Not trying to bad mouth only Just a word of caution, Your findings may be different than mine, Take care, Hope to see you at a shoot somewhere this coming summer!! J.L.

I've used their regular match pellets recently and they were very good quality. Can't say how these will be since I haven't bought the bulk type before.

How do the Vogel bulk pellets compare to the RWS Diabolo Basic in quality and accuracy? The Basics come in 300-ct tins, so $112+shipping from PA for the same quantity of 6000 pellets.

I haven't directly compared them as I only bought a couple of tins of the Vogels but the RWS Diabolo Basic pellets generally shoot well in my pistols. There was a closeout somewhere a while back (can't remember where now) on RWS R10 Match and I bought 15000 of those at a very low price. They are well made pellets.

Sorry-just noticed that I misread your question. I haven't received the bulk Vogel's yet. I had purchased a couple of tins of their Match pellets a while back.