• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Great customer service from AoA, but don't buy pellets from them.

Ordered a sight from AoA and tossed in a tin of pellets. Got the package and the tin of pellets was tossed in with a single layer of bubble wrap that had come off the tin of pellets, so about half the pellets were damaged. Sent an email and they immediately sent another without question. However, this tin was also just thrown in the box with a single layer of bubble wrap. It showed up like this, presumably because USPS manhandled it but maybe because the tin could slide around inside. So, overall good service, but wouldn't order pellets from them.

PXL_20230113_133742179.jpg

Those USPS boxes are fairly sturdy, so it would have taken some serious “personhandling“ formerly manhandling, to damage the box. AOA has no control over the gorillas that savaged that package.

I agree with that. But the single layer of bubble wrap isn't adequate to ship a heavy tin of pellets. Regardless, they offered great service!

Reactions: rcs9250 and L.Leon
It was probably damaged by a machine. I can tell you for a fact that the high speed induction conveyors don't play nice with large boxes that have heavy objects inside that aren't secured. The package comes to a complete stop for a weight check. This throws the mass to the front of the box. The conveyor then accelerates rapidly to match the speed of the sorter as the it inducts the package. This throws the mass to the back of the box and causes to tumble and miss the correct placement on the sorter.

I say give them a chance. I've never ordered one single tin of pellets from them so I can't say I've experienced what you have. Usually, I'll order 4-5 tins minimum when I place an order with them and they actually package it very well.

That's good to know, thanks for sharing your experience!

Reactions: Peskådot671
I say give them a chance. I've never ordered one single tin of pellets from them so I can't say I've experienced what you have. Usually, I'll order 4-5 tins minimum when I place an order with them and they actually package it very well.
Same here. I always order in bulk so I guess I have been lucky. The H&N pellets come in packs of five shrink wrapped. AoA wraps them in two layers bubble wrap and ships them ground. @EdinGa is correct. Those belt machines will make a hockey player envious.

LOLZ on the Personhandling. Gorilla is a gender neutral term and sounds better.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Good info. Why I order only from PA as they pack the crap out of them and even that is no guarantee. Pellets aren’t exactly hard to damage. Those skirts are fragile and just the way they are thrown loosely in tins puts the buyer at risk as soon as they leave the factory let alone a supplier. AofA packed them that way to you twice. Enough info for me.