• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Great Backyard Tarket

i have been using this back yard target system for years and love it. Though I would share it here. I use a 4 x 8 or 8 x 8 piece of wood 12 inches long. I cut one piece of card board 12 x either 24 or 32 “ and with a staple gun cover the wood with the cardboard on the 4 long sides. Then with a sharpe I draw rows of circles about the size of a dime all over the cardboard on all 4 sides. When I want to shoot I simply stand the target on end shoot away. When the target starts to get shot up I flip and rotate as needed. All lead is captured in the wood. Replace the cardboard as needed. When the wood gets to shot up replace it. Safe, easy, cheep, Give it a try.

Here ya go.

1560452984_6536235495d029f78c06908.97910221_1BFDB414-B289-43EF-9493-B606FEED3843.jpeg

Make sure it is soft wood. It's best to only shoot end grain of soft wood. Wood can bounce back with bad results. I once shot a HARD maple bowling pin and it bounced back 30 yards and hit me in the forehead. The bounce back speed was very very fast. I've also had bounce back from trees. The worst thing to shoot is a golf ball, very dangerous.

Allen Zasadney's home range is several cross sections of huge diameter trees. All shots are into end grain. Never a problem.

I saw a video (youTube) of some dude in Europe shooting a 1/2” ball bearing with his slingshot.

Ricocheted back and got him right between the eyes and above the nose.

DRT!

Please build a wooden box and use duct seal (Looks like C4) found in the electrical section at your Home Depot... 

I also use cardboard boxes (Post Office Priority Boxes work well) filled with rubber mulch.

Lasts a long time and the lead is easily re-cycled..

Strietwise,

Simple & Effective! Nicely done!
Growing up with a dad who was a carpenter, I used to have all sorts of wooden targets..
My favorite was always a tree on my friend's property.. We'd shoot it every chance we got. 
It started out being about 6-8" in diameter.. After us shooting the same spot so many times, 
it finally ended up getting blown completely apart and falling over. 

😃 

Sam -