Grease for Omega Trail Charger?

I bought an Omega trail charger last April. I am wondering what type of grease I can use in the grease pot? It supposedly came with some extra grease, but I cannot find it.

What would be a safe and effective lubricant?

I saw one video review that incidentally mentioned it was lithium grease, but that was in passing and I am not sure if it is accurate.

Other omega compressors take some sort of food grade high temperature grease.

Thanks for any experts who can help!

I do not have a trail omega but the other Omega compressors (mine is an Air Charger) use a food grade grease made by Renewable Solutions Bio-Food Grade
E.P. High Temp Grease NGLI#0

I suggest calling Airguns of Airizona to see what they say. They will most likely provide you with Todd's phone number. He is the service man for Omega compressors. I hope this help. My manual states warranty void if use of any other grease.
Thx
Dan
20230102_155845.jpg

Last edited:
The important part is the NGLI #0 grade. Just click on the screen print below and it states that it is for OEM grease for Omega compressors
Thx
Dan

1672705381839.png

Last edited:
I don’t know how similar the Trail Charger and Air Charger are, I’m thinking they’re the same. The air charger has a grease pot that you fill with grease and then once installed you rotate the cap a prescribed amount after a certain amount of run time. The problem that might arise is that if there’s any air in the grease you might only push air when you’re turning the grease cap. When refilling the grease cup you need to do your best to avoid air pockets.
If the whole grease cup assembly can be removed from the compressor, put a bit of grease in the cup, then tap the bottom of the cup onto a hard surface to make the entrained air to rise to the surface, repeat until cap is full. After cap is on, rotate cap until you see grease come out of grease assembly, then reinstall on compressor.
The compressor is greased by the air intake sucking the grease into the cylinders moving parts.
On my air charger, when I owned it, what I was able to do was remove the air intake elbow so that I could look into the intake area and was able to see the grease ooze into the intake cavity so that it will eventually end up infiltrating the cylinders. That is the only way to know that grease is being delivered.
If this isn’t clear, feel free to PM me and we can discuss. Needless to say, adequate greasing is super important.
Randy

Reactions: bd2021
Thanks everybody.

Good news. I found the tube/syrange pump that came with the compressor, so I was able to put some in before it ran out.

I also texted Todd (forgot his name, but after somebody mentioned it above, I searched through my emails) and Todd also said NGLI#2 or NGLI#0, but then he sent me a photo of the NGLI#0.

Though the stuff I have in the syrange is more of the consistency of and looks like zit juice...not exactly a fluid.

Thanks everybody.

Good news. I found the tube/syrange pump that came with the compressor, so I was able to put some in before it ran out.

I also texted Todd (forgot his name, but after somebody mentioned it above, I searched through my emails) and Todd also said NGLI#2 or NGLI#0, but then he sent me a photo of the NGLI#0.

Though the stuff I have in the syrange is more of the consistency of and looks like zit juice...not exactly a fluid.
That’s the stuff. It’s about room temperature butter consistency.

Reactions: rsfrid