Gray Squirrel meets .25 JSB King

After reading DaveGs post I thought I'd post this slow motion video of a Gray shot with my FX Verminator. Shot was made from approximately 35 yds or so. Pellet did not exit and was lodged in the mid section of the body cavity (Regretfully, no autopsy pics this time). The squirrel was down for the count. Complete energy dump into the animal. Having been using the .25 more and more I find it superior to the .22 for solid one shot kills. The .30 must even be better!

http://vid69.photobucket.com/albums/i76/moscarma/squirrel-FX%20verminator.mp4

Reactions: cubo
yep, he seized up the moment that thing (the pellet) made impact. I too really enjoy the .25 for this task, and it has been my "go to" caliber for a few years. I still use everything from a .177 - up to a few .9mm's I have on hand, but the .25 gets the lions share. 

Just like the .25 is a step up, and very noticeable when hitting something (like that squirrel) over a .22 - the .30 is the same way vs. the .25 ;-) .

Very nice, one thing that works for me, but you always have to remember is to be half mildot off either side to view the pellets going down range. Plus I paint the back side of the pellet with a little dab of my wife's hot pink nail polish. Just have to be careful how much you use (if you weigh every thing for extreme accuracy) but it works well for me....best Steve