Gotta share my HW35e

I recieved my new rifle today, very pleased with it. AoA got it to me quickly, in perfect shape. They selected a nice one, and it shoots good too. Took 30 shots with it before it got too dark, squirrel target at 22 yards, and the sights were dead on. Seems to whack the steel pretty hard, harder than I thought it would. Not sure if I want to scope it or put a reciever sight on it to keep it simple, Here's a couple of crappy pics, my phone would not get the whole gun in the pic, but the stock is the good part anyway!
1596073634_3201200935f2226a2db5d32.81698273.jpg
1596073646_9383839155f2226ae90a082.11108519.jpg

I love my HW35E. The walnut stock is gorgeous. It had a bit of barrel droop, so I shimmed up the rear mount. It is not as accurate as my FWB124D, but acceptable. Going out with my brand new HW97K today. I will put a better scope on later, but now an older Bushnell Trophy 4X12 will work. That scope has been on my TX200 Mk3, a Diana 54, and a few others. 

I'll keep my Terrus. However, I'm considering swapping my HW97kt for a HW35 particularly if I can get a v-mach resettable trigger safety unit. I just now learned about those- now that they are no longer easily available. I really wish I knew about them a couple years ago. I'd have more HWs in my collection if the safety was resettable. Going through the motions of recocking the gun in order to reset the safety is not acceptable imo. 

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I bought this because my HW97 is so darn heavy. It's a .20, shoots great, but the thing sure tires me out quickly. The 35 is really not that much lighter on paper, but in the real world it makes a huge difference. I have a diopter rear sight I am going to put on it temporarily to see if I like it in that configuration. I can;'t keep it on long tho, it came off my FWB150, and I use that for basement shooting in the cold months. If I like it, I will get a Williams FP to put on it, otherwise I will put a Leupold 3x9efr on it and call it a day. The barrel on mine does not seem to have any detectable droop, although I am sure like most barrel cockers it has at least a little. One thing I noticed, when I cleaned the barrel, it did not have much at all of the dreaded black goop in there. The patches came out pretty clean after just a couple. Maybe AoA cleaned it before they tested it? I would not think they would take the time for that, but who knows?

Nice gun, congrats! I'm considering one myself. So, question.....have you narrowed down which pellets your HW35e favors? I'm wondering if you experienced any spring twang reduction with different pellet weights. I'm watching Steve's YouTube AEAC's VLog review on the HW35e and I find this very interesting that depending on the grains of the pellet the twang vanishes. have you experienced this?

Lol. Haven’t watched the video but can say it sounds false. I generally don’t watch airgun commercials anymore which sucks for me but it is what it is. 

Pellet weight effects POI more then anything. In a very well tuned gun you may be able to watch for recoil direction and make correction. In a very well tuned gun the weight may also effect recoil in some circumstances. For instance a lighter Superdome with a deep pocket shooting out a tuned and mild mannered 30 vs an oversized harder pellet like a larger CP heavy out of the tin. 

Some of the really good shooters on here discuss this some times. I chase accuracy too but not at that level. Personally I have barely noticed a difference. 

I have been shooting JSB Exact 8.44 pellets, and they shoot great out of mine. Have not tried anything else honestly. I can hit what I aim at out to 35 yds.(my longest range) without issue if I am having a good day. That's all I can ask for. I really like this gun alot. Really surprised at how smooth shooting it is from the factory, and it will only get better. The build quality is very good. When cocking it, it is totally silent, no noise at all from the linkage or piston. My R10 and 97 are not this smooth, and I have had them for years. When I bought it I was considering giving a tune just to make it a smoother shooter, but it does not need it. I will leave it alone unitl I need a new spring and piston seal, if I live that long.

I bought a HW30, then an HW95. I shoot the 95 exclusively, even though the 30 is great. People make a big deal about light cocking effort, but that's a false value. It's all about personal preference. I like cocking the 95. It has a very satisfying mechanical sound, much like a shotgun. The firing 'thump' is delightful, it's like shooting a firearm.

There is a Weihrauch for every person. Some will prefer the lighter HW30, others the HW35, and some the HW90.