Got two red squirrels this morning

On snowshoes, so I got a work out at the same time!! ;-)

One was about 20 yards on the ground facing away from me sitting up straight. He made it about 10 feet to the base of that tree and expired. Nasty exit wound.

The other was about 40 feet high in a tree about 25 yards away, facing away. Pellet went into his back, no exit wound. Fell straight down nose first into the snow.
0702a7a33f6571debe37558d26f0cfc6.jpg

Thanks!! It will be nice come springtime....it seems that the squirrels have rebounded in this section of woods that I pretty much cleared out about 5 years ago.

I've shot over 50 of them from this approximately 2 square mile area. My first visit there I got 14 in 45 minutes.....it seemed like an infestation! The next day was 11 in 90 minutes. Then just a handful for several visits after that until they we're all gone.

Now it seems they are back. I got 10 in four visits here last November/December. I didn't have the Streamline then. My Benjamin Maximus 22 did the job.

The threaded barrel adapter I ordered from overseas for my TDR just got deliver today. I wish I would have known it had arrived at the Post Office last night, as I would have picked it up this morning and took the TDR out. I've been itching to try the 21gr NSA slugs I have in it, but it's just way too loud in factory form.

There's always next time!!