• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got this in a PM

I have the Gamo Urban and I agree with all the good things said here.

The only issue I have is the noise which even at 700-730FPS is too much in the suburbs with houses close together.

There is no shroud and the silencer is glued to the barrel so you are stuck with it.

The decision to add a non-removable silencer was really bad and probably driven by lawyers.

the Urban is better than good and less than great ;it has the size,the price and is more accurate than most shooters... so is Prod.

I will have to disagree there. I tried a Prod even with with a huma regulator the BSA guns are night and day more accurate, it’s not even close. Unless you win the crosman barrel lottery the PRod barrels are barely ok. BSA on the other hand I haven’t seen or even heard of bad barrel, they have excellent reputation with their cold hammer forged barrel. Yes that 250 dollar gun has a made in England cold hammer forged barrel!

the Urban is better than good and less than great ;it has the size,the price and is more accurate than most shooters... so is Prod.

I will have to disagree there. I tried a Prod even with with a huma regulator the BSA guns are night and day more accurate, it’s not even close. Unless you win the crosman barrel lottery the PRod barrels are barely ok. BSA on the other hand I haven’t seen or even heard of bad barrel, they have excellent reputation with their cold hammer forged barrel. Yes that 250 dollar gun has a made in England cold hammer forged barrel!

You are comparing apples to oranges (the P-rod is no slouch though).

Compare the Gamo Urban rifle to the Benjamin Marauder (M-rod) rifle with Lothar Walther barrel. The Urban gets great reviews but the M-rod is the better rifle. It just may be the best rifle under $1,000.