• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Insanity

Nov 14, 2018
lol
Got my first squirrel today. Looks like I drilled it in the head and it came out its arm. Used .22 crosman premier domed hollow point in my ruger impact max. 

1545342751_10231809595c1c0f1fdf1368.19148168_32526571648_20cfa1c02b_z.jpg

Nice! I got my first one at 29, in my backyard. Since then, now I'm 38 and have no idea how many I've got in total...500? 1,000? 😲 who knows? lol. This year alone took at least 30-50.

They're a major pest around here. And every year their populations seem to get more...berserk! 😖

Still haven't tried eating them though. I've heard in Washington they can have parasites and/or ticks, so that's a big part of the reason there. That makes me skittish just to handle them. But if/when I finally do, think it'd be good to try a fried recipe. Watched a few vids on how to fry them online, and it looks kinda tasty? 😮😃

The dish someone else mentioned above sounds pretty good, too? 

I also wonder if anyone has ever tried making a hamburger out of them? 

For now, I just scoop 'em into the compost heap and leave them out for raccoons, stray cats, hawks, owls, or whatever to get a free meal. Not entirely fond of raccoons either, though. One morning I was off to work, and as I rounded the corner, happy and chipper for a bright new day, about 12-15 feet away 3 big raccoons on the other side of the driveway froze, looked at me, and began hissing menacingly! What ensued was a tense Mexican standoff for several minutes, with me not daring to move, sure they were rabid and about to pounce on me and shred me with their gnarly claws? Finally, I made the first move, and decided I'd just kick them if I had to, but no stinking raccoon was going to make me late to work? Not even 3! They slowly moseyed away in defeat, but ever since then, I've been leery of coons. 😁

I read somewhere that 3 or 4 of them jumped out of a tree and mauled a woman in Canada, in some park? 😨