Got My Vulcan back today

My Vulcan2 30 caliber developed a leak at the pressure gauge. Since it is in the warranty period I sent it back to the dealer TalonTunes. Tony replaced the gauge and appropriate O- rings. Also dialed in the hammer adjustment while he had it. Total repair time including shipping was 3 weeks. Very happy with the service I got. Here is the rub I have with the majority of foreign makers selling their guns in the USA, the lack of repair support. Most do not have repair facilities or parts in the USA rather they put all the burden on the dealer. FX just opened up a USA repair facility and I think that is the way to go. At the very least manufacturers should arrange for one of their dealers to sell parts, service manuals for their products and specialty tools that are needed for common repairs for those who want to service their own guns after the warranty has expired or just prefer to do the work themselves. I have pcp guns from most of the top end manufacturers and this complaint is not meant to disparage any of their products only their support level for their products here in the USA. The USA in the past has not been a big market for high end airguns but is a market that is starting to grow and one that I hope to see continue to grow. But for this to happen the level of product support needs to be what the American consumer expects. I hope owners of these fine airguns will write the manufacturers and start to put pressure on them to up their level of support for their products.

Reactions: likkitysplyt
I am not complaining about the Vulcan or Tony's service. What I am saying is that the network is not out there for parts and service the way it should be for these guns. Some of these manufacturer's do not even supply a parts diagram, a parts list and a contact for ordering parts. What is going to happen if your dealer does not have the part or the capability to fix it or he goes out of business? You cannot in most cases send it back to an overseas manufacturer for repair. What I am saying is any company can give a warranty but there needs to be a way to access that warranty from the manufacturer and that manufacturer also should have a consumer accessible parts network in the country he sells. I have guns from Daystate, FX, Airgun Technologies and others. My FX has been back to the repair center twice. It took them 3 weeks each time. I am not saying FX is a better gun, my Daystate has never broken. The point is everything breaks at some point, if you have a good dealer like Tony great but Tony might always be there or the dealer you have might decide that he just wants to sell guns and leave the warranty and part sales to the manufacturer. That's why I say the manufacturer's need to step up. 

Reactions: sonny
That's why I work on my own guns when they're down, which is hardly ever. Go through your guns parts list and buy several of each O-ring and keep on hand for future repairs. After awhile you'll be helping others to repair theirs.

Zonk

That's why I call you up when I have trouble. You know the Vulcan inside and out … and you have great patience with someone not as mechanically inclined as yourself. I owe you sir!

Shalom

John

Ok Zonk since you are the resident expert on fixing the Vulcan2, do you know if WIKA makes a pressure gauge for it and what their part # is for it? Zonk I agree with your idea of keeping a stock of consumable parts to fix your gun, but have you looked at the new Vulcan 2 operators manual. It has a parts diagram but the parts list does not start until part #79 and 1-78 does not contain all the info you need for ordering. On top of that I have tried to contact Airgun Technology numerous times by email but have never received a reply. So how do you get your parts? Right now I am lucky that Tony is a good dealer and has taken care of the repairs I have needed but what happens if my gun needs a repair that he cannot handle? You see all these guns coming from Europe with a 2 year advertised warranty. They do that because the EU requires that warranty to sell their guns in Europe. That warranty is not enforceable in the USA. That is why I think we should require them to have a presence here ie: a parts and repair facility. Countries like China sell a lot of items that always need service and parts. Most companies there are always willing to send you a repair part. Ever wonder why that is? It is because the government and trade unions there pick up the shipping costs, that is not the case in Europe. It takes a large company with lots of sales to offset those costs. That is why I feel if they want to sell here they need to commit to setting up repair and parts facilities here.

IT should be mandatory to receive a parts diagram and parts list with any new "machine"....or a reference for a web site to go to and find out.

Every new reel I have ever bought has them....yea I know reels are harder to work on right?Maybe air gun manufactures do not what individuals working on their air guns for say safety reasons??

No I don't have a parts list past #79 but I've ALWAYS had a great respond from Evengy, it might take 1 to 2 weeks to get a reply but he always has gotten back to me. AND always with a good replay!.

Zonk

I may send Evgeny a E-mail asking why he doesn't reply to his customers.

Hi Mr Zonk, who exactly is this Evengy and how do we get in touch with him in the future should the need arise. I gather that he must have something to do with AGT.

Thanks

John

That's why I work on my own guns when they're down, which is hardly ever. Go through your guns parts list and buy several of each O-ring and keep on hand for future repairs. After awhile you'll be helping others to repair theirs.

Zonk

Same. They are very easy to work on. Especially the eastern airguns. AGT, EDgun, Tipan, etc...

Ever wonder why nobody is using and winning with the Vulcan 2 in competition. It is not that it isn't accurate enough, it is one of the most accurate airguns out there. It is not the bullpup trigger, you can adjust it to a finer state of tune than the FX Impact. So what is it? A competition gun gets shot a lot and therefore needs a lot of maintenance and timely access to repair parts. No competitor is going to pick a gun that is going to have extended down time whenever it breaks because they can't get parts on time, information on proper repair techniques or don't have access to factory repair and support. FX, Daystate and Brocock have already figured this out and they are winning. The average consumer expects the same level of support when he buys an expensive airgun. The rest of the airgun manufacturers might do well to remember an old saying from the 60's, it referred to NASCAR and car sales. "What wins on Sunday sells on Monday.

Thought I would pass on some info I received from some of the largest dealers here in the USA that sell Airgun Technology and Cricket. They are frustrated with the companies lack of parts support to them. They said they get right back to you when you put in a large order for rifles but get the silent treatment when ordering parts. They said if they tie a parts order to a rifle order they get the parts. Regular parts orders they can wait months for. I don't know about the other companies but I am glad to see some distributors like EDGUN WEST taking on the role of repair center. It is not fair of these companies to put their warranty responsibilities on the dealers and then not give them good parts support. I love the airgun sport and it is just starting to take off in the USA but this is an expensive sport and if we don't get these companies to provide the support they should it is going to die on the vine. I would really like to hear the airgun community chime in on any ideas they have on this issue.

I’ve never tried to get Cricket or Taipan parts. But I do know that AGT (Vulcan/Uragan) parts are easily available from the factory. I’ve done this three times in the past two years with Vulcan and Vulcan2. Emailed Evgeny requesting to purchase parts since my guns were bought used. In every case I received the part(s) requested free of charge in about ten to twelve working days. I emailed with model and serial number of the gun, part description and number from the owners manual (available online). I’m pretty sure that’s about as good as you’re going to get from any other manufacturer. The only downside is if you aren’t mechanically inclined. Although the AGT guns are very easy to work on...

Wish I had the same luck. The manual I received with my new Vulcan was not complete due to what I believe was a print error. The parts list did not start until item 79. I tried contacting them by email 3 times and have never received a reply. In my email I also asked if they had a service repair manual but like I said never even received a reply. When my new gun developed a gauge leak Tony at Talon Tunes was able to repair it under warranty. It is nice to have a dealer that honors the warranty but what happens when the dealer does not have the part? So I decided to contact some of the larger dealers that sold their products and tried to buy a gauge. They all told me the same thing, didn't have one and were having a hard time getting parts themselves. Some of the dealers also told me of some other companies they were considering dropping from there line up over the same issue. Airgun Technology makes some really good guns but unless parts and service are readily available how much longer will people here be willing to spend the large amount of money their rifles cost?

It seems that part availability problem is pervasive throughout the industry for imported guns. I was considering buying a Uragan but the lack of parts support gives me pause. I have another imported gun that works great but I can't get any positive responses from either USA importer/dealer, or the manufacturer. This manufacturer and importer also get raves reviews on their support on this forum. I guess it may depend in the types of parts you are looking for. I was looking to get a complete air tube with valve, gauge and regulator etc. When I 1st made an inquiry to the dealer a got a I'm look into it, then preliminary pricing, then when I followed up for ordering, payment and delivery dates my calls and emails were never answered anymore. :(

Without parts support a 2K gun can be rendered permanently into decorative wall hanger.

I can get almost Marauder parts very easily.

For AGT, the drawing has part numbers. The list of parts on following page is for orings, fasteners and parts that are common and have specific sizes. In my last case I ordered part number 73 from the drawing below. Listed .25 caliber Vulcan Tactic. Listed serial number. Asked for part number 73 of drawing. Attached photo of broken part to email. Received new part in a couple of weeks. Actually I was sent two of them. Free. One thing they are not good about doing a back and forth email dialogue. That is hit and miss. But they will send you the part if you provide logical information to them. 
1575614965_15829790745de9f9f5f22a43.76048426_062BAA62-DB79-4685-B354-7FF3C82351D3.jpeg

I’ve never tried to get Cricket or Taipan parts. But I do know that AGT (Vulcan/Uragan) parts are easily available from the factory. I’ve done this three times in the past two years with Vulcan and Vulcan2. Emailed Evgeny requesting to purchase parts since my guns were bought used. In every case I received the part(s) requested free of charge in about ten to twelve working days. I emailed with model and serial number of the gun, part description and number from the owners manual (available online). I’m pretty sure that’s about as good as you’re going to get from any other manufacturer. The only downside is if you aren’t mechanically inclined. Although the AGT guns are very easy to work on...

I have seen Evgeny posted in several places and was wondering who they are?