• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got my Unicorn!

1546725737_10699523945c3129697b7781.53958704_EF192D46-DDE2-487E-8D0C-A431C926F26E.jpeg
When I talked to Tony yesterday, just as it shows on his web sight, he stated the 18-20 shots before it falls off the regulator. He does shoot/tune every rifle and it is sent with the shot string chrony data but I will definitely get that info posted in this thread once I take delivery. I’ll run three back to back strings and will run the third string upto a higher fill pressure. This is a string he shows on his websight and I’m almost positive he tunes the .30 to run the JSB 44.75 grain unless you ask him to set it up specifically for the 50.15 grain.

Aloha NuttinFancy,

Had’nt had much trigger time but was able to run about a hundred rounds through her late in the afternoon. After my last session I decided to clean the barrel before shootin her again. I’m glad I did as the groups were much more consistent and tighter. This session I mostly worked on my grip, grip pressure, trigger control, and staying in the scope when the shot went off. I believe the gun is capable of Good groups as I had two, four shot groups that were Almost one ragged hole! All the groups were shot at fifty yards. Of course the fifth shot opened up the group... UGH! So far I haven’t run her over the crony but think that I’m getting around fifteen/sixteen good shots with a 250 fill before the gun falls off the regulator. I plan on shooting a tin or two before I start monkeying around on the gun. First adjustment on the list will be the trigger. It’s okay for a hunting but I’d like to run it a little lighter. 

Since you’re a Southpaw, you might consider having Tony relocate the cocking handle to the right side of the gun. I shoot right handed but my cocking handle is on the left side of the gun. I’m finding it much easier to stay in the gun and cock/recharge the gun with my left hand without taking my eyes off of the target. It’s something new to me and I’m finding it a GREAT addition to the Vulcan! 

If there is anything negative to say about the Tactic, there are very few. (My Opinion)

First, this is a Very Air hungry Beast! I am getting only 15/16 good shots on a 250 fill before my group starts to really open up. Maybe after a few crony strings I will have a better picture on what’s going on. It is a 30 but was hoping for at least two full mags (18 shots) before the groups starts to open up.

Second is on me, I found myself short stroking the charging handle and double feeding the gun. The gun cocks easily but needs to be pulled firmly.

Third, don’t know if this will be an issue or not but there is a little flex (up and down) in the forend of the synthetic stock. I might lay some cardboard between the air tube and forend to see if it makes any difference in the groups. 

Fourth, I haven’t shot the gun without the Emperor but imagine it to be NOT Backyard friendly. 

The Positives (My Opinion)

The build quality is very clean and well made. I can see a lot of thought went into building this gun. The platform is proven and I’m sure the 30 will be like the rest of the Vulcan family. Reliable, accurate, and robust. 

For more, there is a good review of the Tactic on YouTube (the shooting show)

As I learn more about the Tactic I’ll try to drop in with updates

I’m finding the more I shoot the Tactic, the more I think I made the right purchase!

Look Out Piggies! Pineapple’s got a New Toy! 🤣

Thanks for the follow up!!!! I talked with Tony today and it looks like he doesn’t have a synthetic stock in the tactic available. That’s fine by me though, I was just glad to get one of the last two .30 calibers he had left from his mid December shipment. I’m really looking forward to getting my hands on this thing but ammo availability is scarce 😞. @PineappleExpress would you by chance know or would be able to verify if the Predator Polymags will load in the .30 Cal 9 shot rotary magazine without modification/trimming and if so any accuracy comparisons. Look forward to your updates and new hunting videos, thanks my friend and happy hunting!

NuttinFancy, Howzit Brahdah! Glad to meet another Tactic owner on the forum! Like you I am in search of 30 JSB’s to feed the Tactic. When I checked on my stash of 30 I was down to 4 tins! Yikes! I’ll be needing to place an order real soon! 

Sorry but I don’t know if the Predator’s will fit the magazine. I will order a tin in my next order to try them out. If it doesn’t fit in the mag, maybe they’ll fit if I hand load them one at a time. Had a little time this morning so I ran some JSB’s through the Crony. I’ll start a separate post soon. 

Sorry to hear Tony ran out of synthetic stock Tactics. I wonder how many he brought in? Out of curiosity I’ll give him a holler sometime this week. Some friends are interested in the Tactic. Maybe he only brought in a few and most of his inventory was the Bullpup. 

GLAD you were able to secure one of two Tactics he had left! Each time I take the gun out, I’m HAPPY I bought the Gun! I’ve got A LOT of learning to do to shoot it well but look forward to taming the Beast! 

Cant wait to hear your review on the gun!