• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got my new Impact (Not Great)!!!

Ok Guys and Gals,

Got my new Impact and Crown and WildCat MK3 this week and absolutely LOVE the Crown I am not a huge fan of the Impact.

Got a brand new MK2 .30 700mm barrel (factory installed power plenum the whole works).

It shoots as I would expect, trigger is great and fit and finish are there but for me.....It is just not a fit.

I am a hunter and walk through the sticks and moat shots are off hand etc. and this rifle just does not do that well for me....Off of a rest or bench and bipod absolutely but for my uses not so much (again MY opinion and how it fits me)...

The Crown on the other hand was built for that.....Can have the shroud extended or not so the rifle gets in and out of tighter spaces etc. Accuracy is JUST as good as the Impact can swap calibers JUST like the Impact and has all the same adjustability.

Same for the Wildcat MK3.....

Oh well at least I know now and look for the Impact to hit the classifieds shortly (Make me an offer if you like before it does if you want!)....

My 2 cents 

Be Safe,

Dr. Mike 

Doc, you just got it this week. Give it a few more days before YO! sorry. before you post it up for sale. Realize the capabilities and versatility of the Impact. I've had a Wildcat, gone!. I have a 30cal Crown that I really like and a Sweet little Regal but my Impact is what I usually grab to have fun with. Yesterday I was shooting 25cal slugs today, 18.1 JSB's tomorrow I may throw my 30cal barrel on it. Just so many options. 

Jking

I got the .25 700mm Wildcat MK3 and that is well a Wildcat....Besides the new adjustments added it shoulders the same as the MK2 and same balance etc. Always been my favorite "short" gun along with my Cricket....

I will say it is nice to have the ability to swap calibers etc. on it but have a feeling most guys will buy a .25 or .22 and call it good!

I will say it has more power now with the 700mm in .25 can easily push 25.39 grain well up there!!

I shoot the Impact off-hand with one hand at the trigger (ofcourse), and the other hand right below that under the triggerguard. Works great for me. 

I'm a lefty by the way and can also cock the gun pretty fast this way. My left hand doesn't have to leave the trigger and my right hand which is under the triggerguard is very close to the side lever.

So it's beng beng beng after some exercise.

Interesting take on the Impact that I have not heard before. No, the paid one's will never give you the real truth, only the positive highlights. My 700mm 30 cal should arrive by Monday. I did take a look at the Wildcat and the Crown. Neither of those could sway my vote. Does anyone actually take a crown out into the real woods? In the end, for me, was the power factor and the tactical look appeal. I can't use a pretty gun like I would like to use a gun when hunting in heavy cover. The Wildcat would be fine I guess, but very limited on LOP.

I am replacing a .25 cal Marauder with my Impact. It will be a real joy to tote around an Impact. It's a matter of prospectus in the end.

Maybe I don’t know better but I really don’t like the super long gun walking around. I can sling impact and walk around without issue. With 700mm barrel and moderator the crown is a giant stick. Try move scope and accessories to have the weight as far back as you can to balance it out. But if you love crown then you love it, who cares what anyone says. If anything I say you should try a wildcat compact.

when people ask me what gun to get, I always tell them to get the one that fits them the best.. unfortunately most people can not try them out first.

I shoot my Impact off hand better than any of my other rifles and it fits me very well, after I removed the cheek piece.

I have a .30 cal with 700mm barrel and it's now my primary sparrow killer....... I know it's a little overkill, but they don't suffer.

I get my Impact with 700mm barrel and Sumo suppressor through tight stuff just fine......better in fact than the Crown I had with 600mm barrel.

I use a sling on the impact when I "hunt" with it.

1590845444_6471052785ed260049b29d9.77216041.jpg

1590845460_16350194805ed26014e9a553.48415017.jpg

Guys love all the responses!!

I am very fortunate that I can buy these guns and get a good feel for them etc. and can say it has really shown me how different these guns all truly are....

When I first got started I assumed a .25 bullpup was a .25 bullpup same with rifles etc. Once I was able to get a few different brands and models in my hand I quickly learned that is not the case!

In my FX collection I love the new MK3 Wildcat. It fits me perfectly and shoulders great and has the adjustability the first two models lacked....Along with the Boss and Royale and Dreamline and Bobcat and Streamline etc.

The Impact is an amazing gun just for me it does not fit...I have NUMEROUS high end bench type guns and for hunting and off hand I just don't like it but my Crown serves that purpose perfectly.

Just ordered a .30 700mm barrel for the Crown as well as the arrow barrel and arrows and also a .22 600mm barrel so no matter what I am after I can pick .30, .25, .22 or arrows and that is great for me!!

Now I also LOVE my Veteran Long .25 and Kalibr Cricket .25 ( Georgia Airguns gave it a full power tune and reseal as well as a custom shroud with 1/2 UNF adapter for a suppressor one of the MOST accurate guns I have ever seen). Not to mention my RAW guns and DayStates and LCS and Huben etc. etc. they all are great in their own right but the Impact just didn't do anything special enough for it to keep a place in the cabinet....

I know according to YouTube the Impact is the best of the best but guys just cause Ted and Matt shoot them doesn't mean that it is the end all be all....Hell I have a tuned Hatsan BullBoss .25 that can do the same stuff they do with an Impact in .25.

Get what ya like and what fits your needs....You don't need a 2k gun to shoot pigeons and squirrels and if you are spending that kind of money don't let what others think sway your decision.

The Docs prescription.... Get outside and walk around and shoot.....a 880 BB gun or a custom RAW take two and call me in the morning!

Dr. Mike