• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got my New CS 4 today......

DBlue

Dec 14, 2022
USA
Got the new CS4 compressor today....took the cover off it and turned it upside down and drained the old water out, popped the water return line at the top of the reservoir out of the push fitting and ran it to a small bucket. Filled the reservoir and turned the pump on and as it would pump down I kept re-filling it, flushed it out very well and got all the air out of the lines and filled it with a coolant mix. I got the cover back on and put the plug in the air line, set it to 300 bar and I used a timer....took 23 seconds to pump up and shut off....the manual says it should take around 38 seconds....I'm hoping that's a good sign...lol I filled my MK3 with it from 150 bar to 250 bar...I didn't time it but it probably took 4 mins at the most to top it off. I'm really liking this thing, I just hope it lasts a while....it's definitely a lot different than the Yong Heng I've been using, a hell of a lot quieter....:)

I also got a vibration meter to put on it....has anyone used one of these on their CS4 ...and where did you install it on the case...???

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4820.jpg

Reactions: Snake420 and JimNM
@DBlue

" I filled my MK3 with it from 150 bar to 250 bar...I didn't time it but it probably took 4 mins at the most to top it off. I'm really liking this thing, I just hope it lasts a while....it's definitely a lot different than the Yong Heng I've been using, a hell of a lot quieter....:)"

What size bottle is on your MK3 and is the CS4 filling it faster than your YH?

@DBlue

" I filled my MK3 with it from 150 bar to 250 bar...I didn't time it but it probably took 4 mins at the most to top it off. I'm really liking this thing, I just hope it lasts a while....it's definitely a lot different than the Yong Heng I've been using, a hell of a lot quieter....:)"

What size bottle is on your MK3 and is the CS4 filling it faster than your YH?
My MK3 is the Sniper model with 700 barrel....I think it's 580cc bottle.....No, the CS4 is not filling as fast as the YH...it might have took a little longer to fill my gun than I posted as I didn't time it...but it seemed like just a few minutes though. I'll have to time it and the YH and see what the difference really is between them. This YH I have has been a workhorse, I didn't put a meter on it but I have used it just about everyday since I got it...I have two ranges here on my property and I shoot everyday unless it's pouring down rain etc....I shoot this MK3 and I have a Gauntlet 2 .25 that I've done a lot of mods to that I shoot also. I've changed the oil in the YH about five times now....:)

good post! I have the same exact hour meter arriving tomorrow for my one of a kind Highly customized CS 4 courtesy of our "friends" at UPS! Have flushed the system and pressurized the line verifying operation and auto shutoff. Hopefully this weekend it'll be filling little bottles and the unit will last us all awhile!

1686816916834.png

• Wow
Reactions: WorriedMan
Yikes - your compressor's got some "love curves" now!

Mine arrived Tuesday, and I did a similar process as above to flush the system. Mine also had some nasty looking water in it. I forgot to take a picture of the reservoir, but it was visible in the lines as well. Yesterday I tried to swab out the compression tower to radiator line. As I hadn't topped the unit off yet, the line was dry, and the junk was powdery, like fine rust. I don't know where it came from, but I filled the system with distilled water & Water Wetter, so it's got good corrosion protection now.

dirty coolant line I ran it a bit last night, just with the supplied fill hose & dead head. I didn't time it, but it seemed to run up to ~300 bar quickly. Unfortunately, it kept going! I shut it off shortly thereafter, after it had passed both stop settings:​
GX CS4 pressure gauge as received-small.jpg I didn't have time to try it again, and watch the actual electrical pins in the gauge to see how they were rotating. I'll try it again this weekend, and reach out to GX for support. My Tuxing doesn't have an auto-stop, and this isn't a show stopper for this unit. I'll try it on a tank or gun, but everything else seems to be working fine.

It is a nice looking unit (though mine doesn't have the Gibson Girl curves), and is pretty quiet. The exhaust fan might be the loudest part.

Edited to add: I sent the above picture of the gauge to their support email, and had a reply within a day, asking for my address to send a replacement gauge to.

Last edited:
good post! I have the same exact hour meter arriving tomorrow for my one of a kind Highly customized CS 4 courtesy of our "friends" at UPS! Have flushed the system and pressurized the line verifying operation and auto shutoff. Hopefully this weekend it'll be filling little bottles and the unit will last us all awhile!

View attachment 364723
Can't figure out how that happened. My compressor came encased in thick Styrofoam and a double cardboard box.

View attachment 364723
I take it the compressor still works but are you getting reimbursed thing for the damage they cause.

I take it the compressor still works but are you getting reimbursed thing for the damage they cause.
Yes, the compressor still works. I topped off my 2 small 90 cu in Benjamin tanks this past weekend without an issue. Not pretty but it still works

Yes and no about the compensation. Yes: I was in constant communication with GX Pumps (bought it directly from them) and they immediately offered an additional 20% discount thinking it was just case damage, which it was. NO: Damage claim denied. UPS gave the same ol canned response that it was the shippers fault that they didn't use the magical unicorn box that they say exists and need to be used for every shipment in order to prevent damage caused by them.....oooppss I meant by accident. Not their fault even though someone or someones between shipping it from a NJ warehouse to a NY address decided to test the integrity of the box.

Wish GX could have denied the UPS denial and received full compensation, but at least I can use what I have.

This is an update to my post above, regarding the auto-shut off gauge (i.e. gauge works fine, but wouldn't auto shut-off the compressor). I had to wait some time (several weeks) to get a replacement gauge, as apparently they didn't have any spares even at the plant in China. Nevertheless, I got it a few months ago, but just now got around to replacing it.

It still doesn't shut off! I had already checked the both the new & old gauge's electrical contacts (once I got the new one, and thought about it), and both were good; i.e. the connection closed when the pressure needle's contacts met the limit contacts. So, I figure it's the cable harness or (hopefully not) the board itself. I disconnected the thermistor's connector, which is paralleled to the gauge's wires onto the board connector, then, with some small pliers, I disconnected the harness's female connector from the male connector on the board. And this is what happened:

gauge connector-small.jpg

It seems the crimped on female contacts were never properly snapped into place in the female connector. They looked to be in good condition, so I snapped them in, and they held fine (further telling me they didn't just slip out). Put it all back together, and the compressor shut off as it should. Yay for that!

On a safety note, since the thermistor is wired in parallel with the gauge, even if it tripped due to high temperature (it's rated at 65C), it never would have been able to shut the pump off, either. Strangely, when I looked up the thermistor's part number, it was listed as being normally closed, which clearly wouldn't work with the paralleled gauge being normally open. However, when I checked the thermistor's leads, they were open, so it must be a variant from the main part number.

Just some notes that may help someone's future troubleshooting.