• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got My HW100 today!!

What a beautiful rifle, and it showed Me how much I got to work on My shooting technique!! The chronograph reading's for 20 shot's they sent with the rifle had a low of 993fps and a high of 1008fps, the spec's on it said 865fps? My question is there any adjustment's that I could get it down to around 800fps? I would not be confident in doing it but maybe there is a tuner out there that knows how? Right now I'm getting about 33 shot's before I have to fill again, I would like to get it down to get a few more shot's out of it.

13 grain at 1000 fps is over 29 fpe. The 1st thing I would look into is adjusting the hammer spring so there is less tension. If you bought it new ask the seller if they can walk you through or if you can send the HW100 back to them for a power adjustment. I found a user manual online HW100. I would scan it before opening.
https://riacansute.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/weihrauch-hw100-service-manual.pdf

Ted reviewed a HW100 that was shooting hot. Not sure if he posted how he reduced the power but when he did the HW100 was very accurate.

"kris"does it shoot tight groups? if it does, leave it alone.
It is super accurate from 25 yards it put 10 pellets inside of a dime! Most accurate gun I have ever owned, I have not even tried out the other pellets yet. It took Me some time behind the gun to do that though, have not shot a air rifle in a while and I had to really work on My technique!! I guess I was just nit-picking the gun is more accurate then I will ever be, and I'm shooting heavier pellets than what they ran through the chronograph. 

It would be nice to see a picture as they so often look different in person than in the ads and we all want to see yours.

If you are not a DIY type, yes there certainly are good tuners to send it to. If in the U.S. Allen Z comes to mind, might not be the lowest cost or fastest but darn fine work. David Slade at airgunwerks could very likely help you out and I am sure there are more.
And if "over seas" and you have it tuned ( or in the US ) please let us know who you use and how it goes.

That said "most" pre-charged rifles are fairly simple and you might well find someone to walk you through it via email or phone.

John