Got my Hill EC 3000

I've been tempted to get some stainless steel tubing and bend it to make a large coil between the 1st and 2nd stages and use a fan on that, same with the 2nd stage output.....

Do it with caution. Modifying the tube of the the first-stage output is probably OK as the pressure is not very high. It's unnecessary to do the same for the second stage output as the hot air is leaving the compressor there. Cooling those air will not help the compressor at all. You can see from the picture in my post above that on the Hill compressor, the tube coming out from the 3rd stage is not routed to the cooling fan. There is simply no such need. 

I believe this method of cooling is less effective on 2-stagers like the Yong Heng because there is just one point for heat dissipation ( outputs of stage 1 ) along the path of compression. The Hill has one more point for the purpose ( outputs of stage 1 AND 2 )

The German channel indicated a loosening of a screw/bolt in the electronic portion because they failed to loctite said bolt. He did say they were pretty circumspect about the issue

his unit was not replaced but the issue corrected and some scratches as well Hopefully Pyramid air will be more careful 

sorry to hear that yours was affected Mike. 

Like others have said, thanks for sharing the video mike4406. Very much appreciated. Please keep us informed.

The only thing holding me back from getting into PCP's is a source of air (I'm in a fairly remote location, and I don't think my heart can take hand pumping😄).

Very excited about this compressor. Hopefully it proves much more reliable than the disposable 2-700 dollar units.

"Hopefully it proves much more reliable than the disposable 2-700 dollar units."

Hope you are right. And some of the "2-700 dollar units" have served many very well for a long time. I'm one of them. Used a Yong Heng for well over a year and it still runs fine and is still in use. I recently acquired a gas powered MCH6 coltri compressor after considering ALL of the available "intermediate" compressors so I do understand the concept of potentially more reliability and speed. I'm just not sure about many of the "intermediate" level compressors and their relative value. Hopefully you can get something that benefits you if you get into PCP's.

Hello all - just noted that the German fellow made another update to his YouTube channel regarding his EC-3000 after having the unit returned. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fydJvdu33Ak

basically the unit has been working without issue since it's return from Hill to have a screw fastened (secured with loctite) and the firmware update. One thing of note was his mention of the relative dryness of the air that the EC-3000 produces and reiterating that the unit is relatively quiet as it goes about its job. At this point it sure looks like the unit to go for, if you have the funds and/or really don't want to hassle with buckets. I would hope that resellers will have updated units on hand. Keeping the compressor's limitations in mind - not designed for filling scuba tanks... 

Mike - any update on when you are to get your unit back from Pyramid? 

regards,

S

ugghh... i finally got in some crank oil from pymaird today and then i was trying to fill my bottle. everything seems ok, but then i got a phone call so i paused the fill. after the call i tried to resume the fill but accidentally abort it instead. the display went out, and now it no longer turns on.

under the troubleshooting in the manual, it says check fuse. i looked all over but i don't see one. i removed the panel. and there isn't a fuse in there either.

i scoured the manual and service manual... nowhere does it show location of fuse.

BTW how do i can extra burst disc in case i need them?

this is from the manual - as you mentioned Ikwan78:

Make sure that the power cable is inserted correctly and that the compressor is switched on, check that the fuse in the switch has not blown.

I looked at the manual, is it possible that the fuse is between the switch and the plug receptacle ? 

https://www.airriflepump.com/acatalog/EC%203000%20Rev4.08.pdf

check the top of page 5 and when increased to 300% it looks like a fuse might be hiding there. Let us know how you make out. 

FUSE UPDATE 

looks like Hill updated their manual - on the last page it now states: 

- Fuses There are two fuses located within the compressor. One in the plug and one next to the power switch. The fuse next to the power switch can be removed by taking out the 3-pin plug from the compressor and using a small screwdriver to open the fuse box. This is the most likely fuse to become blown during use.

Fuse Specifications 240V Model – 12.5A 5 x 20mm speed T 110V Model – 15A 5 x 20mm

https://www.airriflepump.com/acatalog/EC-3000%20service%20manual%20rev%202.pdf