• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got my 23ci bottle for the Gauntlet

I can tell there is a weight difference but anybody that knows me, know that I don't worry about weight in a gun. I used the same regulator but for some reason I'm getting 20 fps increase in velocity. It's still stacking pellets at 35 yards and the shot count should almost double. i ordered a tank for the 177 cal also, but it got side-tracked in mailing. Hopefully, it will get here tomorrow.

afd9e0070f8195a05164b25415133f3b.jpg

5bb5ef813554a95e18c6b5207a3973aa.jpg

Massive amount of shots there! And your forearm went back of perfectly. I'm going to see if Umarex will sell just a .22 barrel/bolt/tray and if so max ours out, within reason
Interested to hear your stock ( your's is still stock right?) shot count with that bottle.
I'm "thinking" ( oh boy ) with a large bottle hopped up to around 30fpe one of these should get 60 or so shots???

I think these are great regulated rifles with little room for improvement ( maybe porting valve & barrel and lighten striker & change springs but that's only if you want more power or shots ). Still haven't tested the reg psi but will. And if someone wanted a higher psi ( within SAFE reasonable limits) and didnt want to change the washer stack themselves you can buy a pre-set regulator for about 1/2 of what most regs cost right now. 

Did you post groups and I missed it?

John

"spysir"Massive amount of shots there! And your forearm went back of perfectly. I'm going to see if Umarex will sell just a .22 barrel/bolt/tray and if so max ours out, within reason
Interested to hear your stock ( your's is still stock right?) shot count with that bottle.
I'm "thinking" ( oh boy ) with a large bottle hopped up to around 30fpe one of these should get 60 or so shots???

I think these are great regulated rifles with little room for improvement ( maybe porting valve & barrel and lighten striker & change springs but that's only if you want more power or shots ). Still haven't tested the reg psi but will. And if someone wanted a higher psi ( within SAFE reasonable limits) and didnt want to change the washer stack themselves you can buy a pre-set regulator for about 1/2 of what most regs cost right now. 

Did you post groups and I missed it?

John
Hello John,
I probably will not do any mods to this rifle. I got it as a backyard shooter, kind of like my springers. When I just want to grab a gun and go out and shoot awhile without worrying about taking a tank or anything else out. I have a 22 Kral Bigmax and a 22 cal Hatsan Nova. Both are high shot count guns that get 32-34 FPE. The Nova gets about 80-90 shots and the Kral get over 120 shots. I'm happy with 23 FPE from the Gauntlet especially since at 35 yards it shoots the Crosman hollow points from Walmart as well as any pellet. I haven't posted any groups but most are one ragged hole unless I throw one with poor technique.

Blackdiesel,

Are you using the stock regulator with the larger tank?

I have the 380cc tank and have a regulator that came with it but the fill port and the gauge are at 90 degrees apart rather than opposite each other. Can't use it with the forearm.

If you are using the standard regulator that came with the gun; how hard was it to get off of the air tank?

Yes I'm using the regulator that came with the gun. When I removed the tank the regulator was still on the tank. After you degass the system there might still be a little air behind the regulator so after you remove the tank with the reg attached just use something like an Alan key to press the end and release the rest of the air. The regulator will still be on pretty tight. To remove it get a closed end wrench and put it over the foster and nut at the bottom. Hold the tank and use the wrench to twist off the regulator. I had to use a rubber mallet to tap the wrench to get it started. You can use anything like a wooden handle or some other softer object to tap the wrench.