• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got me a Wolverine

I visited AOA today and came home with a wolverine in .177 I didn't get to shoot much. I brought it home and put a 4x16 Sightron Big Sky on it. I bought that scope a couple years ago. I knew I would like it and I like it more than I thought I would. I used a set of sport match High rings, with the new style magazine there is enough clearance to slide a paper thru the gap, Not much. I was able to shoot several groups at 20 and it was a hole as expected. There was enough wind the target blew off a few times. I really think I will like this one. As expected it is a quality rifle. I still think I would like to try a short light 22 maybe next time.

Any thoughts on new vs old style magazine? I liked on the old style I could load 9 rotate to ten and leave it on my cart on a empty chamber, ready for a stray pigeon. And there isn't a dot to indicate the last pellet.

I hope for no wind early in the a.m but who knows

Both mags have their features. If you have a rifle with anti-double load, you will lose that with the new mag. With the new Wolverine, you can't decock it, so the anti-double load isn't as important in a hunting situation. I would be inclined to dry fire on an empty mag chamber, then lever a pellet in when a shot presents itself. I don't trust safeties. The new mag is a little taller, so less scope clearance. I like that the new one doesn't have the metal ratchet hand that bangs against the probe. 

Not very staged pictures. Messy Garrage.
1583637390_599518315e64638e9964f7.51115251.jpeg
1583637390_18431689855e64638ebbe2d9.66243096.jpeg
1583637390_1156911035e64638ee29053.34440827.jpeg

Mine was one of the first shipped when AOA got them in. It can be de-cocked. I wonder why the change? AOA said it was to prevent double loading. I'll take a double load with the ability to de-cock over inability to de-cock any day.

I also found that as good as the trigger is, it gets much better if taken down and polished to a mirror shine on the contact surfaces.

Went out this morning to try it out. Quick sight in then trying to shoot groups with my hold over marks. The wind isn't being cooperative. So I am stoping for now. I got luck when shooting 55 the wind was stillest. I shot them with the magazine all groups are 10-13 I am not sure I like the new mag design. If the mag is laying flat on the bench all goes well loading but if I load in my hand I get pellets that fall thru sometimes. if I happen to rotate the mag even slightly when handling. The rifle shoots good. I havnt adjusted the trigger and its longer than my liking. But I am sure it can be adjusted easy. so far I like it.

1583686301_2544872155e65229dd63893.36639203.jpeg