Got It, Shot It, Modified It! (FX Wildcat MK2 .25 caliber)

Hello Airgun Nation Peoples,

Had to finish the FX Airguns trifecta! I had a bullpup fever 🤒, so a FX Wildcat Mk2 .25 caliber Walnut was the only prescription! Well to make a long story short, I was on the fence between the new Air Arms S510 XS or the FX Wildcat Mk2. Wanted a S510 badly but all of my pcp airguns are rifle style (FX Crown & Streamline) so why be redundant. Chose the bullpup! I’m familiar with FX and the tear down and tuning is simple to me. Anyway, got it, shot it, and then modified it. (I knew just what I wanted to do to it, same mods to my Crown & Streamline) In the first week here’s the list of mods and accessories:

1. FX No-Limit adjustable mounts
2. Hawke Sidewinder FFP 4-16x50
3. Scope mounted bubble level
4. Sling studs & Sling
5. Accu-tac Picatinny rail
6. Carbon fiber wrapping on barrel shroud & air cylinder 
7. Huma Regulator (135bar setting)
8. Clear gloss polyurethane finish on the Walnut stock
9. Stock mounted spare magazine holder
10. DonnyFL FX Wildcat.25 shroud extender with 1/2 x 20 UNF adapter
11. FX Airguns addition DonnyFL Tanto 

Accessories to come:

* Smooth Twist X liners (various types)
* 4x Spare Magazines 

Again HUMA Regulated averaging 930fps with JSB 25.39 Kings(48-49fpe 55 shots per fill on the regulator), and like all my FX PCP’s same hole at 50 yards. No surprise I’m well pleased! 😀

Pics of my latest critter getter and 10x shot string below.

1539046887_14986514465bbbfde7b9fad6.62124847_8A29B191-85B0-4DC7-B7DD-D7EDB8C15E53.jpeg

1539046888_3547441175bbbfde8077e29.30520936_B0F6ABDE-7B98-4524-8FE0-45E124530EF3.jpeg
1539046888_1830944895bbbfde857d5c6.18797734_D664D90E-6F81-4C37-88BF-5452C31E4FD3.jpeg

where did you get the carbon wrap and how hard is it to do thanks nice gun very attractive piece

Beautiful. . . . . . Just beautiful.

Wow, very nice all around!!! 
1f62e.svg

Thank you everyone!!

Carbon Fiber wrapping is from Amazon. This stuff is automobile grade. Designed to be put on cars so it’s plenty durable. Provides abrasion protection, absolutely no fingerprints, and of course great looks! 

1. Remove Shroud & Air Cylinder 

2. Measure and cut Carbon Fiber wrapping to size 

3. Roll it on simultaneously using slight heat with heat gun

4. Use a razor edge to trim off excess

Lots of YouTube videos on how to Carbon Fiber wrap things.

Joe, does the Tanto not clear the air cylinder without the shroud extender piece? I'm thinking of adding a moderator to my Wildcat .25 in walnut as well, but I'd like to keep the package as short as possible. I initially thought as long as the Tanto is M20 threaded, the shroud extension wouldn't be needed.

That’s a great idea! It still would be a inch or two beyond the air cylinder cap, but an inch or two shorter than my set up. There are 1/2 inch UNF adapters for Wildcat shrouds with no extension that would work similarly.

Joe, does the Tanto not clear the air cylinder without the shroud extender piece? I'm thinking of adding a moderator to my Wildcat .25 in walnut as well, but I'd like to keep the package as short as possible. I initially thought as long as the Tanto is M20 threaded, the shroud extension wouldn't be needed.

The Tanto and KOI will fit without extension to clear the shroud, it's a matter of it will fit without interference with the fill port dust cover.

The Wildcat I had, the barrel/shroud had enough droop in it that the suppressor would contact the dust cover if I didn't use the extension.

On other's Wildcats, there have not been this issue. So it depends on how well your Wildcat was manufacturered/built as to if you will need or want the extension.

I ordered the extra magazines from a ebay seller out of the UK (England) and they are anodized in black. FX Wildcat .25 cal magazines are normally silver aluminum... Must be the UK version. Oh well I like’m more! He even bundled two replacement o-rings for each magazine. Took about a week to arrive. Nobody (retailers) in the US has them right now.