Got him👊

It was nighttime so it was hard to thoroughly examine the coyote. The chest shot caused him to yelp real loud and spin for 2-3 seconds then drop. Then he stood up really weakly and with a dazed look in his face about to die just looked straight at me so I did him the favor of a speedy follow-up shot to the head. That follow-up shot actually ended up going through his mouth and he dropped immediately, expiring before he even hit the ground. My 30 cal M3 Compact is only able to shoot the FX Hybrids at 910fps. Once I change the hammer and get that speed up to 940-950fps, those Hybrids are going to expand better as they are designed for a minimum speed of 940fps (says the guy at FX that I spoke to.)
I can understand that. I push my Hybrids at 930 fps and I get phenomenal expansion. I took this shot which made impact at 66 yards, and Strelok Pro says the round was traveling around 840 fps when it hit the groundhog before making a full passthrough.
20221017_145719.jpg

20221017_145622.jpg

Did your shot make a full passthrough on the coyote?

Sorry for so many questions, I haven't had an opportunity to do any Ballistics Gel testing with the Hybrids yet.

I can understand that. I push my Hybrids at 930 fps and I get phenomenal expansion. I took this shot which made impact at 66 yards, and Strelok Pro says the round was traveling around 840 fps when it hit the groundhog before making a full passthrough.
View attachment 317958
View attachment 317957

Did your shot make a full passthrough on the coyote?

Sorry for so many questions, I haven't had an opportunity to do any Ballistics Gel testing with the Hybrids yet.
No pass through and the reason for only being able to achieve 910fps is because I live at 5300ft in elevation. When the rifle left The Pellet Shop in NY, it was hitting 945fps. But at my elevation it lost 30fps.

Great shooting and write up! I just bought over a dozen traps to start taking coyotes here on the farm. They have devastated the turkey population over the past 7-8 years. Less than 70% hatch due to opossums, raccoons, and coyotes. Good luck getting the second one!
Thank you, and good luck with your situation. I've found that dealing with pests requires a lot of study to come up with a solution to your particular problem. Once you dial it in though, it's just a game of sit and wait.