• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Got Disco .22 today.

I mounted a spare Centerpoint 4 X 16 A.O. on it, cleaned the barrel well, assembled the pump
and went to work pumping. And pumping and pumping and pumping. Whew! 110 pumps
to get the gauge on the rifle to well into the green, almost 100% into the green.
But 110 pumps!
Well out to the back yard range to sight in with a tin of Crosman Premier 14.3 grn. pels.
At 25 from a bit of a shaky bench rest I shot just one 5 shot group. 4 went into .5" with on
flyer that was my fault ( I twitched ) that opened it up to 1".
I have many, many, brands of good pels like JSB, H&N, etc to try in various weights.
The trigger is a bit nasty with some take up slop and about a 6 pound break.
It's o.k. but I'd like better. Are the after market triggers out there, from where and can a klutz
install one?
Compared to my good springers this Disco of LOUD. I live in the country without close
neighbors so the issue with noise is about squirrel hunting, the primary use for the Disco.
I'll check out Mac 1 for a muffler (supressor).
If I opt to use a paintball tank for easier fill will I get the same pressure of 2kpsi?
Co2 is well know to act different in colder weather. Could I store the Co2 tank outside
then fill outside, check p.o.i. then go hunting?

Search for two and three screw trigger mods for the Discovery. I was a bit leary of doing it but it was much easier than I thought and made a world of difference. I'm down to 1.75 pounds with virtually no creep and virtually no money spent except for a couple screws. I also swapped out the rear trigger spring with one from a ball point pen and gave the main spring a tiny tweak as well. There are some youtube videos that will help and lots of forum discussions.

Alan

A high pressure paintball tank is regulated down to around 750 psi so you couldn't get the 2k fill. With a CO2 paintball tank the pressure is abbout 900 psi in I think eighty degree weather. But co2 is a liquid which will give you more than 20 shots but at a lower velocity of around 600fps. I'm guessing you filled your gun with the pump from zero because that sounds like a lot of pumps. I think from 1000 to 2000psi it would take me about 50 pumps. I would reccomend staying with the pump just because air isn't as sensitive to the temperature as co2. Also co2 isn't as good for your gun as high pressure air. And speaking of the Discovery I just killed two coons with it about ten minuets ago :)
enjoy your new rifle,
​Leo

Wow fellas thanks for the info.
Yes the Disco was at dead nuts zero thus the 110 pumps.
I bet it won't take as many pumps tomorrow as there is still a bit of air in it
and I don't think a bit of air will hurt it.
I forgot to mention that I had a new tin of Gamo PBA non lead .22 pels that weigh 
14.4 grains. I won't shoot the super light PBA pels.
Fact is I didn't know they were lead free when I bought them and expensive for just
100 per tin!
I shot a 5 round group that looked like a shotgun pattern with the junk things.
Really it was a 3" 4 shot group with a wild flyer out to about 10".
PBA are junk. I'll take lead any day.
I have plenty of various brands and weights of lead pels to experiment with and
will run some over the Oehler crono if weather permits.